This is an excellent opportunity for a student that is enthusiastic and knowledgeable about the facade sector to join a multi-disciplinary environment for 10 weeks this summer.
You will provide support to team members to deliver an effective and professional service to a range of varied and high-profile clients. You will assist and learn from our team how we:
- collaborate with leading architectural practices, clients, contractors and supply chain for projects across a wide range of markets.
- undertake technical design and analysis;
- utilise a wide range of building façade materials including glass, steel, brick and timber
- prepare detail drawing, 3D models and sketches of various façade systems,
- prepare documents and present ideas across all RIBA design stages;
- conduct site inspections of ongoing projects across the UK
Depending on performance, there may be an opportunity to receive a permanent offer of employment upon graduating.
What we offer
There are infinite possibilities with Arup. You'll receive an insight of the opportunities that a challenging, fulfilling career provides, and:
- A competitive salary
- An interesting and varied workload where you'll make a tangible difference to the world
- A collaborative, intelligent and friendly team in an excellent working environment
- A challenging workload that will stretch your mind and make the most of your skills
- The support you need to develop your skills.
What we are looking for
- We're looking for students with curiosity, personal drive and technical knowhow.
- We're looking for the following qualifications, attributes and skills:
- Strong A-levels (or equivalent) at Grade B or above
- Studying in civil, structural, architectural, general engineering, or engineering science Masters degree (or equivalent)
- On track to achieve a 2.1 or above, as proven through the modules that you have completed to date
- Demonstrate strong motivation and passion for a career in façades, engineering and architecture
- Ideally graduating in Summer 2021 or 2022.
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
- Competitive salary
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 1 March 2020
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 1 March 2020