Graduate Acoustics Consultants will join our team of more than 70 bright professionals across our UK offices. From your first day, you’ll join an unrivalled community of experts, closely linked with our colleagues around the globe, where everyone is supported in their career path and encouraged to work towards a professional qualification.
What you’ll be doing
As part of the acoustics team you will provide support to team members to deliver an effective and professional service to our clients.
Working across a wide variety of markets including performing arts, education, healthcare, commercial, residential, sport, rail, highways you will support a wide range of projects ranging from architectural acoustics; environmental noise and vibration; building services noise and sound systems design.
Key responsibilities may include:
- Designing calculations and modelling
- Technical report writing
- Producing detailed drawings
- Site surveys and measurement (including on construction sites)
- Attending and participate in project team meetings
What we offer
There are infinite possibilities when you join Arup. You’ll receive all the opportunities that come with a challenging, fulfilling career, including:
- The opportunity to work on some of the world’s greatest projects with technical challenges that will stretch and challenge your skills
- Training and support towards professional accreditation and career development opportunities
- A competitive salary and welcome bonus
- Profit share scheme
- A comprehensive package, including a flexible benefits fund and a generous pension
- Opportunities to work on international projects
- An interesting and varied workload where you’ll make a tangible difference to the world
- A collaborative, intelligent and friendly team in an excellent working environment
- Various sports and social activities in all our locations
Arup is one of the world’s leading building design consultancies with a project portfolio that is second to none. We design and deliver ground-breaking icons through our work in infrastructure, building design and specialist technical services.
We operate in an environment where collaboration and innovation go hand-in-hand to deliver cutting-edge solutions to problems and world-class projects.
We are responsible for beautiful sound in concert halls around the world; also for controlling vibration in sensitive laboratory environments. We help reduce the impact of noise from airports, railways, highways and stadia while making sure sound systems are heard with clarity in even the busiest transport hubs. Our international acoustic design team provides services in architectural, building, transport and environmental acoustics.
What we are looking for
We’re looking for graduates with curiosity, personal drive and technical know-how. If you can combine these skills with an understanding of (or willingness to learn about) the Acoustics sector and a desire to deliver excellent services for clients, we’d like to hear from you.
Accepted degree subjects
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 20/11/2018
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 20/11/2018
Additional job details
|Location||Leeds · London · Manchester|