Right now we’re looking for a Graduate Airport Planner to join our team of bright professionals in our London office. From your first day, you’ll join an unrivalled community of experts, where everyone is supported in their career path and encouraged to work towards a professional qualification or standard, whilst maintaining control and drive of their own career.
You’ll help us to deliver effective and professional services for a range of varied and high-profile clients. While you’ll have a great deal of responsibility from day one, we’ll give you the chance to take on more as you progress and broaden your skills.
Projects can vary in duration which helps to provide a diverse working environment. Your day-to-day responsibilities may include the following:
- Preparation of reports
- Preparation of bids and tenders
- Preparation of client presentations
- Simulation modelling (airfield and terminal)
- Design, analysis and planning of airside, terminal and landside concepts
- Collecting benchmark data
- Presenting at team/inter-department meetings
- Use of various computer software ranging from Microsoft Excel through to CAST Terminal and Aircraft simulation, Path-planner and the NAPA gating tools
- Planning your workload so that you can deliver on time or ahead of target
- Solving technical problems, and providing innovative solutions as your level of experience develops
- Ensuring the validity of data produced by the team
- Network and liaison with other internal departments to assist with project completion
Due to the nature of our work you will have the opportunity to gain a broad range of skills, and will develop over the course of your career as you gain increased responsibility. Both commercial and technical training is available and encouraged as you gain more experience.
This is an opportunity to gain a high level of responsibility in the early stages of your career, with one of the UK’s leading Graduate recruiters.
What we offer
There are infinite possibilities when you join Arup. You’ll receive all the opportunities that come with a challenging, fulfilling career, including:
- A competitive salary and welcome bonus
- Profit share scheme
- A comprehensive package, including a flexible benefits fund and a generous pension
- An interesting and varied workload where you’ll make a tangible difference to the world
- A collaborative, intelligent and friendly team in an excellent working environment
- A challenging workload that will stretch your mind and make the most of your skills
- The support you need to develop your career through professional accreditation and training
At Arup, we design and deliver ground-breaking icons through our work in infrastructure, building design and specialist technical services. Independent in ownership and spirit, we’re a global firm of designers, planners, engineers, consultants and technical experts who use our skills to make a positive difference in the world.
Our airport planners form part of a multidisciplinary team that collectively provide Airport Development solutions to airports across the globe. With over 50 years of industry experience, Arup staff have worked on a wide range of projects at more than 100 airports, with over $30 billion in constructed projects. The services we offer include:
- Airport master planning,
- Passenger terminal planning,
- Airfield planning,
- Demand & capacity analysis,
- Technical due diligence,
- Airport-specific transaction advice
- Airport Infrastructure-specific cost analysis
- Baggage systems development
- Baggage operations planning and management
- Airfield and terminal simulation,
- Ancillary/support facility planning
- Management of complex aviation design projects; and
- Airport logistics.
Our planning experts work side by side with specialists from a wide range of backgrounds, including transport planners, architects, engineers, business advisors and environmental consultants. Our combined efforts are pushing the boundaries of airport performance, which in turn stimulates growth to economies all around the world.
We work hard to foster good relationships with everyone involved in the planning process – including national governments, regional partnerships or agencies, local planning authorities, airport operators, airlines and developers as well the wider community
We’re looking for graduates with curiosity, personal drive and technical knowhow. If you can combine these skills with an understanding of (or willingness to learn about) the aviation and airport planning industry and a desire to deliver excellent services for clients, we’d like to hear from you.
We’re looking for the following qualifications, attributes and skills:
- Engineering, Aviation or Planning based degree, ideally at a Masters level
- Be on track to achieving a 2.1 or above
- Have an appreciation and understanding of the practical aspects of airport planning, as well as the theory studied during your degree
- Possess a strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (other model developing skills such as simulation are also positivive)
- Strong data analysis skills
- Strong presentational skills
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills
- Be able to understand and respond to the needs of your clients
- Strong team working skills
- Proficiency in an additional language is a positive
- Be planned and organised in your approach to work and meeting deadlines
- Enthusiasm for a career in aviation, underpinned through a knowledge and understanding of our sector and work
- Demonstrate a creative approach to problem solving
- The aptitude to work on your own initiative and be proactive
- Be willing to learn and develop as opportunities present themselves
- Be flexible to the needs of the business, and changes to project plans
- Be dedicated to the delivery of projects, and the development of the team and business as a whole
Qualifications and experience requirements
The deadline for applications is 14th November 2017. Assessments will take place soon after on 14th December 2017. Our Graduate Welcome and Skills Week will take place in September 2018. Although we can be flexible on start dates we would hope that the successful candidate will join their peers for this event.
Please note that we are unable to offer Tier 2 visa sponsorship for this role. Therefore you must ensure that you are eligible to work in the UK without our sponsorship in order for your application to be considered.
Accepted degree subjects
aerospace engineering · planning and surveying
How to apply
Closing date: 14/11/2017
This job listing will no longer be available on Prospects from 14/11/2017