At Arup, we design and deliver ground-breaking icons through our work in infrastructure, building design and specialist technical services. Independent in ownership and spirit, we are a global firm of designers, planners, engineers, consultants and technical experts who use our skills to make a positive difference in the world.
Our award-winning Business and Investor Advisory (BIA) team which sits in the Consulting business practice, provides a range of advisory services to high-profile public and private sector clients on global projects across the infrastructure sector. You will get the opportunity to work on a wide range of projects and programmes at all stages of the project lifecycle from business case development right through to benefits realisation. Whether its construction related or a business change initiative, we provide our clients with solutions to their complex requirements which we meet through the successful delivery of our projects and programmes.
Are you interested in a career in business and investment advisory?
You'll join an award-winning technical and commercial advisory services team of around 100 people based in London, Birmingham, Leeds and Manchester, working on a range of UK and international assignments in various sectors, including energy, utilities, transport and social infrastructure sectors. Our works range from small scale single asset to multi-utility portfolios spanning across large geographies.
From your first day, you'll join a community of experts, where you will be supported and mentored in your chosen career path and encouraged to develop your skills, experience and confidence as a management consultant during the first few years of your career with us. You will help us to deliver effective and professional services for a range of varied and high-profile clients. You will have a great deal of responsibility from day one, which will involve working in high performing teams and delivering client facing tasks. As you progress in your role at Arup, we envisage you will develop your skills and progress in the levels of responsibility and challenging projects you are involved with.
In addition to typical technical due diligence and project development assignments, there will be an opportunity to play a role on mandates in corporate finance and strategy and economics.
Your typical work would include:
- Advising on the technical, commercial and operational issues
- Responsible for reviewing technical reports, specifications and drawings to understand key technical and commercial risks, with support from senior colleagues
- Review technical and commercial inputs into business plans such as operating and capital costs and operational inputs
- Support the team to co-ordinate and produce discrete sections of technical and commercial/market due diligence reports from a diverse team, across the organisation and potentially including external experts
- Responsible for construction and operations monitoring of projects
- Support the project teams in preparing presentations on project findings and conclusions
- Business development support – writing and managing proposals, and keeping abreast of potential opportunities
There are infinite possibilities when you join Arup. You'll receive all the opportunities that come with a challenging, fulfilling career, including:
- A competitive salary and welcome bonus
- Profit share scheme
- A comprehensive package, including a flexible benefits fund and a generous pension
- An interesting and varied workload where you'll make a tangible difference to the world
- A collaborative, intelligent and friendly team in an excellent working environment
- A challenging workload that will stretch your mind and make the most of your skills
- The support you need to develop your career through professional accreditation and training
What we are looking for
We encourage our Graduate Consultants to demonstrate drive and motivation, a passion for our sector, and a desire to effectively deliver an excellent service to our clients. With a busy, diverse team, you will need to be flexible to respond to the needs of our clients.
We are looking for the following qualifications, skills, and attributes in you:
- Adaptability, versatility and the motivation to apply your skills to a range of projects and service areas
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and other office applications
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in writing and verbally
- Ability to interpret and convey complex technical issues in simple form
- Great reasoning and analytical skills
- Demonstrate initiative and a creative approach to problem solving
- The aptitude to work on your own initiative
- Recognising the importance of client care and your role in contributing towards it
- Ambition to further your professional development and work towards achieving chartership, where applicable
Please note that we are unable to offer Tier 2 visa sponsorship for this role. Therefore you must ensure that you are eligible to work in the UK without our sponsorship in order for your application to be considered.
A Bachelor's degree (or higher level) in an engineering or physical science discipline
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
- Competitive salary
How to apply
Does this role sound of interest to you? Please find further information below:
- Assessment centres will take place from December 2019, so we recommend that you apply as soon as possible so you don't miss out on this exciting opportunity.
- Our Graduate Welcome Week will take place in September 2020. Although we can be flexible on start dates we would hope that the successful candidate will join their peers for this event.
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 15 November 2019
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 15 November 2019