Due to our global reach and multi-disciplinary approach, we are involved in major highways and site development projects in the UK and worldwide. With long-standing experience in planning, assessment, design and management, we offer our clients a broad spectrum of consulting services.
We pride ourselves on multi-disciplinary collaborative working, an approach which integrates the many technical abilities of our global organisation. Therefore, our Highways staff can find themselves working in partnership with our experts in buildings, bridges, tunnels, geotechnics, environmental consulting and transport planning.
Our projects are varied, exciting and often high profile. They include the design of major highways, external works for major developments and infrastructure projects across the UK, international projects, and site development projects on brown and greenfield land where our integrated approach can radically influence what is built and where thus improving the quality of peoples’ lives and of the local environment.
What you’ll be doing
You will join our team of bright professionals in Cardiff and will be encouraged to work towards a professional qualification, to Incorporated or Chartered status, whilst maintaining control and drive of your own career.
You will provide support to team members to deliver an effective and professional service to our clients
Key responsibilities may include
- Alignment designs of highways and junctions
- Network assessment
- Site appraisals
- Project and design management
- Technical drawings
- Technical report writing
- Supporting internal clients such as other sectors within Arup
Due to the nature of our work, you will have the opportunity to gain a broad range of skills and will be developed over the course of your employment to assist you in gaining further responsibility. The roles present an opportunity to work on projects from all over the world while learning from our highly experienced team.
Both commercial and technical training is available and encouraged as you gain more experience.
What we offer
There are infinite possibilities when you join Arup. You’ll receive all the opportunities that come with a challenging, fulfilling career, including:
- The opportunity to work on some of the world’s greatest projects with technical challenges that will stretch and challenge your skills
- Training and support towards professional accreditation and career development opportunities
- A competitive salary and welcome bonus
- Profit share scheme
- A comprehensive package, including a flexible benefits fund and a generous pension
- Opportunities to work on international projects
- An interesting and varied workload where you’ll make a tangible difference to the world
- A collaborative, intelligent and friendly team in an excellent working environment
- Various sports and social activities in all our locations
Arup is one of the world’s leading building design consultancies with a project portfolio that is second to none. We design and deliver ground-breaking icons through our work in infrastructure, building design and specialist technical services.
We operate in an environment where collaboration and innovation go hand-in-hand to deliver cutting-edge solutions to problems and world-class projects.
What we are looking for
We encourage our Graduate Civil Engineers to demonstrate drive and motivation, a willingness to learn about our sector, and a desire to effectively deliver an excellent service to our clients.
Accepted degree subjects
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 16/02/2019
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 16/02/2019
Additional job details
|Location||Belfast · Bristol · Leeds · Manchester · Solihull|