At Arup, we design and deliver ground-breaking icons through our work in infrastructure, building design and specialist technical services. Independent in ownership and spirit, we're a global firm of designers, planners, engineers, consultants and technical experts who use our skills to make a positive difference in the world.
With our global reach and multi-disciplinary approach, Arup is involved in major rail projects in the UK and worldwide. With over 20 years of rail planning, design and construction experience, we offer our clients a broad spectrum of consulting services including, but not limited to, the following: strategic advice, cost, demand and revenue forecasting, business case analysis, feasibility studies, asset management, detailed design, implementation and commissioning and project creation.
As one of the world's leading building and infrastructure design consultancies, we offer clients the innovation and technical know-how to continually deliver their projects on schedule and on budget, but without compromise.
Are you interested in a career in rail?
Right now we're looking for graduates to join our team of bright professionals in various offices across the UK, From your first day, you'll join an unrivalled community of experts, where everyone is supported in their career path and encouraged to work towards a professional qualification.
You'll help us to deliver effective and professional services for a range of varied and high-profile clients. While you'll have a great deal of responsibility from day one, we'll give you the chance to take on more as you progress and broaden your skills.
Experience of design projects and an understanding of CAD would be beneficial. You will provide support to team members to deliver an effective and professional service to our clients. Due to the multi-disciplinary nature of our design teams, you will have the opportunity to work alongside experts.
Due to the nature of our work you will have the opportunity to gain a broad range of experience, including feasibility studies, site investigation, preliminary and detailed design, and liaison with clients, contractors and third parties. Projects will be allocated to you, ranging in scale, duration and design stage, providing you with a diverse working environment.
There are infinite possibilities when you join Arup. You'll receive all the opportunities that come with a challenging, fulfilling career, including:
- A competitive salary and welcome bonus
- Profit share scheme
- A comprehensive package, including a flexible benefits fund and a generous pension
- An interesting and varied workload where you'll make a tangible difference to the world
- A collaborative, intelligent and friendly team in an excellent working environment
- A challenging workload that will stretch your mind and make the most of your skills
- The support you need to develop your career through professional accreditation and training
What we are looking for
We're looking for graduates with curiosity, personal drive and technical knowhow.
We're looking for the following qualifications, attributes and skills:
- Possess a strong working knowledge of Office, particularly excel and demonstrate an ability to learn new software within a working environment that utilises 3D design and digital automation
- Some experience with coding languages would be an advantage
- Enthusiasm for a career in Rail, underpinned by a knowledge and understanding of our sector and work
- Analytical thought process
- Seek to improve existing ways of working, by finding efficiencies in processes
- The aptitude to work on your own initiative and be proactive
Please note that we are unable to offer Tier 2 visa sponsorship for this role. Therefore you must ensure that you are eligible to work in the UK without our sponsorship in order for your application to be considered.
- Bachelors degree in civil or rail engineering, at 2.1 or above in an ICE accredited course
- Modules in rail or transport would be advantageous
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
- Competitive salary
How to apply
Does this role sound of interest to you? Please find further information below:
- Assessment centres will take place from December 2019, so we recommend that you apply as soon as possible so you don't miss out on this exciting opportunity.
- Our Graduate Welcome Week will take place in September 2020. Although we can be flexible on start dates we would hope that the successful candidate will join their peers for this event.
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 15 November 2019
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 15 November 2019