At Arup, we design and deliver ground-breaking icons through our work in infrastructure, building design and specialist technical services. Independent in ownership and spirit, we're a global firm of designers, planners, engineers, consultants and technical experts who use our skills to make a positive difference in the world.
We are a truly diverse team of individuals delivering major projects in the UK and across the globe for numerous Clients. Our projects range from long-span bridges to major infrastructure projects that transform and greatly improve our daily lives, such as new transport hubs and major road and rail upgrades.
A career in any of our UK Bridge Groups provides an exciting, challenging and rewarding environment in which to work. Our engineers work in active partnership with clients to understand their needs and aspirations. We work together with a broad range of specialists to propose innovative technical and economic solutions to complex briefs, making the most challenging of programmes and advanced construction techniques possible.
Major projects today are increasingly sophisticated and challenging. We draw on Arup's global depth of expertise in fundamentals such as geotechnics, wind engineering and seismic design, as well as material sciences and anything a specific project or client may require. We bring these together and coordinate across the range of disciplines to create project teams that utilise the latest digital tools and techniques to deliver bridges and heavy civil engineering structures anywhere in the world. Our overall drive to advance engineering and our commitment to continuous improvement shapes our innovative solutions.
As one of the world's leading building and infrastructure design consultancies, we offer clients the innovation and technical know-how to continually deliver their projects on schedule and on budget, but without compromise.
Are you interested in a career in bridges?
Right now we're looking for graduates to join our team of bright professionals in various offices across the UK. From your first day, you'll join an unrivalled community of experts, where everyone is supported in their career path and encouraged to work towards a professional qualification.
You'll help us to deliver effective and professional services for a range of varied and high-profile clients. While you'll have a great deal of responsibility from day one, we'll give you the chance to take on more as you progress and broaden your skills.
The person is expected to have a good understanding of CAD (Bentley, Autocad, Revit and/or Solidworks). Experience of design projects would be beneficial.
You will provide support to team members to deliver an effective and professional service to our clients. Due to the multi-disciplinary nature of our design teams, you will have the opportunity to work alongside experts.
There are infinite possibilities when you join Arup. You'll receive all the opportunities that come with a challenging, fulfilling career, including:
- A competitive salary and welcome bonus
- Profit share scheme
- A comprehensive package, including a flexible benefits fund and a generous pension
- An interesting and varied workload where you'll make a tangible difference to the world
- A collaborative, intelligent and friendly team in an excellent working environment
- A challenging workload that will stretch your mind and make the most of your skills
- The support you need to develop your career through professional accreditation and training
What we are looking for
We're looking for graduates with curiosity, personal drive and technical knowhow.
We're looking for the following qualifications, attributes and skills:
- Possess a strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly Excel
- Good understanding of aerodynamics and thermodynamics, numerical analysis and simulation, such as CFD
- Interest in and application of digital skills, such as computer coding for design automation and problem-solving is an advantage.
- Enthusiasm for a career in Bridges, underpinned by a knowledge and understanding of our sector and work
- Have an analytical thought process
- Demonstrate a creative approach to problem solving, utilising digitally-based solutions where needed
- The aptitude to work on your own initiative and be proactive
- Able to start September 2020
Please note that we are unable to offer Tier 2 visa sponsorship for this role. Therefore you must ensure that you are eligible to work in the UK without our sponsorship in order for your application to be considered.
- Masters degree in civil or structural engineering at 2.1 or above (predicted or attained)
- Studying, or have studied, an ICE or IStructE accredited course
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
- Newcastle upon Tyne
- Competitive salary
How to apply
Does this role sound of interest to you? Please find further information below:
- Assessment centres will take place from December 2019, so we recommend that you apply as soon as possible so you don't miss out on this exciting opportunity.
- Our Graduate Welcome Week will take place in September 2020. Although we can be flexible on start dates we would hope that the successful candidate will join their peers for this event.
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 15 November 2019
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 15 November 2019