Arup is an independent firm of designers, planners, engineers, consultants and technical specialists offering a broad range of professional services. We work to make a positive difference in the world.
As one of the world's leading building design consultancies, we offer clients the innovation and technical know-how to continually deliver their projects on schedule and on budget, without compromise. We continue to pioneer distinctive creative structural designs because we invest in attracting and developing the most inventive of structural engineers.
We are currently recruiting Graduate Civil/Structural Engineers, who are looking for an exciting role in creative structural design within our UK-wide Buildings group.
About the role
You will play an integral role in all stages of our projects from feasibility through to completion and have the opportunity to work collaboratively in multi-disciplinary design teams. You will have the freedom to improve existing working methods, by finding efficiencies in processes and applying new techniques.
You will apply and develop your engineering expertise and creativity to shape our projects. Through your appreciation of client needs and your attention to detail you will maximise value for our clients whilst minimising environmental impact.
You will be mentored throughout a structured training programme to achieve chartered status. The programme includes an extensive range of internal courses and opportunities for international placements.
There are infinite possibilities when you join Arup. You'll receive all the opportunities that come with a challenging, fulfilling career, including:
- A competitive salary and welcome bonus
- Profit share scheme
- A comprehensive package, including a flexible benefits fund and a generous pension
- An interesting and varied workload where you'll make a tangible difference to the world
- A collaborative, intelligent and friendly team in an excellent working environment
- A challenging workload that will stretch your mind and make the most of your skills
- The support you need to develop your career through professional accreditation and training
What we are looking for
We are looking for graduates with an enthusiasm for a career in building design and have the following:
- A creative approach to problem solving
- A good understanding of structural analysis and design
- A well organised approach to your work
- Desire to work collaboratively in multi-disciplinary teams
- Flexibility and dedication to the delivery of projects
- An understanding of coding and automation, 3D analysis and modelling software is advantageous, but not essential
- Work experience is advantageous, but not essential
Please note that we are unable to offer Tier 2 visa sponsorship for this role. Therefore you must ensure that you are eligible to work in the UK without our sponsorship in order for your application to be considered.
- Masters degree in civil, structural, general or architectural engineering, or engineering science, at 2.1 or above
- Studying, or have studied, an ICE or IStructE accredited course
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
- Competitive salary
How to apply
Does this role sound of interest to you? Please find further information below:
- Assessment centres will take place from December 2019, so we recommend that you apply as soon as possible so you don't miss out on this exciting opportunity.
- Our Graduate Welcome Week will take place in September 2020. Although we can be flexible on start dates we would hope that the successful candidate will join their peers for this event.
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 13 December 2019
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 13 December 2019