At Arup, we design and deliver ground-breaking icons through our work in infrastructure, building design and specialist technical services. Independent in ownership and spirit, we're a global firm of designers, planners, engineers, consultants and technical experts who use our skills to make a positive difference in the world.
Arup has been involved in airport development for more than 50 years, working on a wide range of assignments at over 100 airports worldwide.
Through strong internal networks we benchmark and share the learning from our aviation and other sector experience to deliver better solutions for our clients.
Whether working for small regional airports or the world's largest hubs, we apply the same high calibre of strategic thinking, analysis and engineering principals, focused on understanding and serving our clients' needs.
About the role
Right now, we're looking for a Graduate Consultant to join our team of bright professionals in our London Office. From your first day, you'll join an unrivalled community of experts, where everyone is supported in their career path and encouraged to work towards a professional qualification.
You'll help us to deliver effective and professional services for a range of varied and high-profile clients. While you'll have a great deal of responsibility from day one, we'll give you the chance to take on more as you progress and broaden your skills.
The successful candidate will be involved with tasks relating to some, or all of the following:
- Operational performance review of aircraft-to-aircraft baggage process
- Design (3D) / Simulation of Baggage handling systems
- Input into developing Operational Concept Description (OCD)
- Establishing client and system requirements
- Input into capacity/ demand analysis
- Management and delivery of tasks
- Working within interdisciplinary design teams and training of junior staff
- Stakeholder engagement
- Support in project management
You will provide support to team members to deliver an effective and professional service to our clients. Due to the multi-disciplinary nature of our design teams, you will have the opportunity to work alongside experts in the following fields: airport planners (terminal and airfield), architects, operations and digital consultants, electrical, environmental and structural engineers and many others.
There are infinite possibilities when you join Arup. You'll receive all the opportunities that come with a challenging, fulfilling career, including:
- A competitive salary and welcome bonus
- Profit share scheme
- A comprehensive package, including a flexible benefits fund and a generous pension
- An interesting and varied workload where you'll make a tangible difference to the world
- A collaborative, intelligent and friendly team in an excellent working environment
- A challenging workload that will stretch your mind and make the most of your skills
- The support you need to develop your career through professional accreditation and training
What we are looking for
We're looking for graduates with curiosity, personal drive and technical knowhow.
You'll be able to demonstrate excellent communication/ presentational skills with a wide range of people and a pro-active approach, with high level of initiative, drive and integrity.
We're looking for the following qualifications, attributes and skills:
- Interest in the baggage handling systems
- Strong commitment to deliver robust and high-quality work
- Good organisational skills
- Ability to plan own work and to consistently meet deadlines
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and also collaboratively with others
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to listen to others and share ideas
- Analytical thought process
- Ability to improve existing ways of working, by finding efficiencies in processes
- Experience in airfield and/or terminal operations (baggage)
- Simulation modelling experience
- Operational experience in baggage, or materials handling systems
Please note that we are unable to offer Tier 2 visa sponsorship for this role. Therefore you must ensure that you are eligible to work in the UK without our sponsorship in order for your application to be considered.
Batchelor's or Master's degree in aviation or engineering related subject
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
- Competitive salary
How to apply
Does this role sound of interest to you? Please find further information below:
- Assessment centres will take place from December 2019, so we recommend that you apply as soon as possible so you don't miss out on this exciting opportunity.
- Our Graduate Welcome Week will take place in September 2020. Although we can be flexible on start dates we would hope that the successful candidate will join their peers for this event.
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 15 November 2019
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 15 November 2019