Operations Consulting is a multi-disciplinary team that develop ways of working that transform the operations of our clients’ businesses and projects. To deliver this, we focus on people, processes and assets, implementing solutions that encompass sustainability and innovation to support an organisations’ vision and goals.
The team includes a breadth of expertise covering business psychologists, human factors experts, logistics and operational design experts, transport operations specialists, asset management and business process professionals, change management practitioners and industry sector experts, predominantly based in London, Solihull and with a growing team in Manchester.
What you’ll be doing
From day one, you will get experience of working in a multi-disciplinary team and will experience the full range of Operations Consulting.
All roles will involve working across different aspects of Operations Consulting, so you’re not expected to specialise in a given area from day one. But if you have a passion for a specific area please outline this in your application.
Our work broadly falls into the following areas:
- Occupational Psychology and People Change – Covering all aspects of transformational business change such as leadership development, training, organisational design, organisational development and behaviour change
- Human Factors – Using behavioural science and physical ergonomics for work including human factors integration, work environment assessments and application of key human factors principles to design projects
- Operations – Covers aspects such as business process improvement, application of lean and six sigma principles, business planning, benefits management and operational readiness and testing
- Asset Management – Shaping our clients’ improvement plans leading to more efficient asset management, covering work such as analysis of asset management strategy and practices, investment prioritisation, process mapping and asset data management
- Design for Operations – Evaluating and developing operational optimisation solutions at both a city and a development level, transport and logistics advice, supply chain studies and operational construction logistics
What we offer
There are infinite possibilities when you join Arup. You’ll receive all the opportunities that come with a challenging, fulfilling career, including:
- The opportunity to work on some of the world’s greatest projects with technical challenges that will stretch and challenge your skills
- Training and support towards professional accreditation and career development opportunities
- A competitive salary and welcome bonus
- Profit share scheme
- A comprehensive package, including a flexible benefits fund and a generous pension
- Opportunities to work on international projects
- An interesting and varied workload where you’ll make a tangible difference to the world
- A collaborative, intelligent and friendly team in an excellent working environment
- Various sports and social activities in all our locations
Arup is one of the world’s leading building design consultancies with a project portfolio that is second to none. We design and deliver ground-breaking icons through our work in infrastructure, building design and specialist technical services.
We operate in an environment where collaboration and innovation go hand-in-hand to deliver cutting-edge solutions to problems and world-class projects.
What we are looking for
We’re looking for is somebody who has the potential to become a great consultant – this means being adaptable and getting stuck in, collaborating with those around you to use your analytical and problem-solving skills and becoming a trusted advisor to our clients. You might be delivering project work, helping us to develop new services or win new work, so you will need to be a great communicator with strong organisational skills who is enthusiastic, highly driven and motivated to shape a better world.
Accepted degree subjects
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 18/11/2018
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 18/11/2018
Additional job details
|Location||London · Manchester · Solihull|