We are advertising five different roles within the digital consultancy group. We recommend that you review all five roles to ensure you apply for the one you are best suited to and that you understand the breadth of the work we undertake. In addition to this opening, we are also looking for the following:
- Graduate Digital Consultant – Data Scientist
- Graduate Digital Consultant – Graphic Web/UX Designer
- Graduate Digital Consultant – Transport (Rail) Telecoms Systems Designer
- Graduate GIS Specialist
What are we looking for?
We have an opportunity for graduate technology and strategy consultants to work as part of a team, develop skills across all areas of the business whilst gaining experience in technology appraisal, business analysis, process improvement, enterprise architecture, economic and investment planning as well as the specification and operations of technology systems and services. This role will be focused on technology and strategy consultancy projects across all the sectors we work in.
What will Arup offer you?
The opportunity to thrive in a fast-paced and diverse working environment. Arup searches for the highest calibre recruits and supports and encourages enhancement of skills and career advancement.
The position will be based in London but it is expected that the successful candidate will be willing to travel to other offices (including international locations) and work there for short periods.
Arup offers its employees opportunities to become involved in activities and areas of work beyond the scope of any job description. You should be a well-rounded person in terms of interests and ambitions as we look forward to you getting involved and becoming fully integrated into the Arup community.
In return, we offer the following:
There are infinite possibilities when you join Arup. You’ll receive all the opportunities that come with a challenging, fulfilling career, including:
- A competitive salary and welcome bonus
- Profit share scheme
- A comprehensive package, including a flexible benefits fund and a generous pension
- Opportunities to work on international projects
- An interesting and varied workload where you’ll make a tangible difference to the world
- A collaborative, intelligent and friendly team in an excellent working environment
- A challenging workload that will stretch your mind and make the most of your skills
- The support you need to develop your career through professional accreditation and training
Arup is an independent firm of designers, planners, engineers, consultants and technical specialists offering a broad range of professional services. Through our work, we make a positive difference to the world. Arup Digital combines innovative digital solutions and processes with our domain expertise across the built environment.
We provide digital advisory services that focus on working with clients on their digital strategy, design of new services, systems and assets, and helping deliver working solutions along with the development of new analysis tools and other cloud enabled digital services for clients.
Our technology consultants combine leading technical domain and market expertise to offer world-class advisory services and solutions for our clients. Our work extends over a broad range of sectors, ranging from smaller projects to integrated market-led digital solutions that enable us to manage large-scale programmes. We work with our clients to translate how digital technologies can transform their approach by developing strategies, providing valuable insight, designing fit-for-purpose ICT systems and system architectures through to powering enhanced operations.
Our independence allows us to look for the appropriate technology solution based upon our clients’ needs. The global experience we have benefits our clients through cross market and cross country lessons learnt and detailed knowledge of the most challenging problems our clients face. We believe that when harnessed correctly, technology has the power to create smarter approaches to shape a better world.
You should be an innovative problem solver, someone who thinks ‘outside the box’ and who is able to communicate ideas and solutions. You should have a positive and forward-thinking approach and enjoy working as part of a friendly and supportive team. Projects will be diverse and the ability to multi-task and manage your workload is important. You should be keen to learn and develop your skills as you gain experience in new areas of work.
We are particularly keen on hearing from applicants that have knowledge and skills in one or more of the following areas:
- IT / Digital strategy – understanding of how technology can support or drive organisational or industry-level change. Able to analyse and articulate how technology can create business value and competitive advantage.
- Information systems and architecture – ability to examine the role and effectiveness of information systems in delivering business processes and goals. Technical ability to examine the integration between systems in creating value.
- Data and information – understanding of data and information management principles, including organisation, storage, dissemination and security considerations, together with the ability to identify opportunities to leverage data and information.
- Human factors – understanding of organisational change, and the ability to identify change impacts of technology on people and processes.
- IT project management – ability to manage IT projects through structured and recognised principles over their full lifecycle; this includes development of a business case, planning and managing delivery of project activities, resource, scope and risk management.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong numerical skills
Qualifications and experience requirements
A degree (ideally a 2:1 or equivalent) in a relevant subject such as computer science, information technology, business systems analysis or systems engineering is required.
Accepted degree subjects
computer sciences and IT
Bristol · Leeds · London · Manchester · Sheffield
How to apply
Assessment centres will commence in December 2017. Our week-long graduate welcome event will take place in September 2018. Whilst on occasion we may be flexible with our start dates, we would ask that the successful candidates join their peers for this event.
Closing date: 31/12/2017
This job listing will no longer be available on Prospects from 31/12/2017