We have an opportunity for a graduate telecoms designer to work on the design and specification of technology systems and services for transport sector projects. This role will be based within our Advanced Digital Engineering transport sub-team and will be primarily focused on the rail sector, although there will be the opportunity to work in other sectors as the need arises.
This role will include the design and specification of the following types of systems along with technology appraisal, site surveys and overseeing the installation and bringing into service of systems.
- Railway Operational Telecom Systems (Operational Telephony, Copper, Fibre, FTN, FTNx, GSM-R and associated transmission systems)
- Station Information and Surveillance Systems (SISS) including CCTV, PA/VA, Customer Information systems, Passenger Help Points
- DOO (Driver Only Operation)
- SCADA systems
- Station Management Systems
- Control room technology
- Airport operational systems
- IT communications infrastructure including IT routes, rooms, risers, copper and fibre optic cabling
- Local area networks, wireless LANs, telephony, unified communications
- Radio and cellular distributed antenna systems
What you’ll be doing
As part of the Arup Advanced Digital Engineering team you will be involved in a range of projects:
Key responsibilities may include:
- Carrying out minor renovations and refits through to extensive major new builds
- Working on single large projects such as electrification schemes, re-signalling schemes or new station builds, or multiple smaller developments
- Providing telecoms advice and design content to external clients, other Arup disciplines and Rail design team colleagues typically for The Guide to Railway Investment Projects (GRIP) Stages two - eight and RIBA stages two through to six
Current schemes include the following:
- High Speed 2
- Crossrail 2
- Brent Cross Sidings
- Meridian Water New Station
- Luton Airport Mass Passenger Transit
- Bedford Cauldwell Depot
- Sydney Metro
What we offer
There are infinite possibilities when you join Arup. You’ll receive all the opportunities that come with a challenging, fulfilling career, including:
- The opportunity to work on some of the world’s greatest projects with technical challenges that will stretch and challenge your skills
- Training and support towards professional accreditation and career development opportunities
- A competitive salary and welcome bonus
- Profit share scheme
- A comprehensive package, including a flexible benefits fund and a generous pension
- Opportunities to work on international projects
- An interesting and varied workload where you’ll make a tangible difference to the world
- A collaborative, intelligent and friendly team in an excellent working environment
- Various sports and social activities in all our locations
Arup is one of the world’s leading building design consultancies with a project portfolio that is second to none. We design and deliver ground-breaking icons through our work in infrastructure, building design and specialist technical services.
We operate in an environment where collaboration and innovation go hand-in-hand to deliver cutting-edge solutions to problems and world-class projects.
What we are looking for
You should be an innovative problem solver, someone who thinks ‘outside the box’ and who is able to communicate ideas and solutions. You should have a positive and forward-thinking approach and enjoy working as part of a friendly and supportive team.
Accepted degree subjects
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 16/12/2018
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 16/12/2018
Additional job details
|Location||London · Manchester · Solihull|