Due to continued growth, we are looking to recruit a number of Graduate Electrical Engineers into our Infrastructure Group across our UK offices.
Our Electrical Engineers apply their specialist skills to infrastructure projects across the globe. We offer our clients a broad spectrum ofexpertise and consulting services in, but not limited to the following industries:
- Water - water and waste water treatment, pumping stations, reservoirs, water distribution
- Energy - hydro, CHP, waste-to-energy, wind, gas
- Power – HV/LV Transmission and Distribution
- Industrial clients – steam generation, chemical handling
- Process - food and beverage processing
- Rail – electrical infrastructure, power, telecommunications
About the role
We are currently recruiting for Graduate Electrical Engineers to join our Rail, Water, and Energy Industry and Resources teams across the UK. You will be encouraged to work towards a professional qualification with the IET, whilst maintaining control and drive of your own career.
Typical responsibilities could include:
- Design calculations
- Technical advice to clients
- Developing control philosophies
- Technical report writing
- Site visits and asset condition assessments
- Witnessing factory and site acceptance tests
- Attend and participate in project meetings, design reviews and HAZOP meetings
- Producing electrical designs using specialist software
- Electrical equipment specification and selection
- Client and/or contractor liaison
- Support through the construction phase of a project
You will collaborate with team members to deliver an effective and professional service to our clients. Due to the multi-disciplinary nature of our design teams, you will have the opportunity to work alongside experts in the following fields: Mechanical Engineers, Process Scientists, Civil and Structural Engineers, Environmental Consultants, Project Managers. Geotechnical Engineers and Planners.
We ask that you are flexible on location as you may at times be required to work from other locations across the UK. This is dependent upon the needs of our clients and business.
What we offer
There are many possibilities when you join Arup. You’ll receive all the opportunities that come with a challenging, fulfilling career, including:
- A competitive salary and joining bonus
- Profit share scheme
- A comprehensive benefits package, including a flexible benefits fund and highly competitive pension
- An interesting and varied workload
- The opportunity to work on international projects
- A supportive and friendly team, based in an excellent working environment
- Technically challenging projects that will stretch and challenge your skills
- Support towards professional accreditation and career development opportunities
Arup is an independent firm of designers, planners, engineers, consultants and technical specialists offering a broad range of professional services. Through our work, we make a positive difference in the world.
Our clients include water companies, energy generators, energy infrastructure owners, rail infrastructure owners, Government agencies and councils, process industries and renewable energy investors.
We encourage our Graduate Electrical Engineers to demonstrate drive and motivation, a willingness to learn about our sector, and a desire to effectively deliver an excellent service to our clients. As such, we are looking for the following
- Possess a strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- An understanding of CAD/BIM is an advantage
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Understand the needs of your clients
- Strong numerical skills
- Be planned and organised in your approach to work and meeting deadlines
- Enthusiasm for a career in Electrical Engineering, underpinned through a knowledge and understanding of our sector and work
- Demonstrate a creative approach to problem solving
- The aptitude to work on your own initiative and be proactive
- Be flexible to the needs of the business, and changes to project plans
- Be dedicated to the delivery of projects, and the development of the team and business as a whole
Qualifications and experience requirements
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering , general engineering, engineering science, rail engineering, power systems engineering, energy engineering, communications engineering (2.1 or above)
- Master’s degree in electrical engineering, general engineering, engineering science, rail engineering or power systems engineering, energy engineering, communications engineering (2:1 or above) would be advantageous, although not essential
- Grade B or above in A-Level (or equivalent) mathematics and science/engineering related subject would be advantageous, although not essential
- Studying, or have studied, an IET accredited course
Accepted degree subjects
Cardiff · Leeds · Manchester · Solihull · Warrington · Whitehaven
How to apply
Assessments may take place before the closing date.
We recommend that you apply as soon as possible in order to be considered.
The Graduate Welcome and Skills Week will take place in September 2018. Although we can be flexible on start dates we would hope that the successful candidate will join their peers for this event.
Closing date: 14/11/2017
This job listing will no longer be available on Prospects from 14/11/2017