Our Energy, Climate Change and Cities Consulting is a multi-disciplinary team of engineers, policy experts and environmental scientists who focus on the challenges and opportunities of energy, climate change and cities.
Our areas of business include:
- Modelling of energy, emissions and related data to inform climate change and sustainability strategies for cities, institutions and the private sector
- Modelling of distributed energy systems such as district heating, power generation (including renewables), storage (both electrical and thermal) and microgrids
- Energy master planning, including techno-economic analysis, feasibility assessment of low carbon distributed energy systems.
- Research and analysis of climate change mitigation, adaptation and resilience interventions at the city scale, drawing on both qualitative and quantitative data
- Multi-disciplinary strategic planning, policy analysis and advisory for cities, drawing on robust evidence bases and tools
- Technical advice for investors and developers on low carbon energy investments including business case, commercialisation and procurement
What you’ll be doing
The Graduate Energy Analyst / Modeller will join our team of bright professionals and will be involved in:
- Gathering, processing and interpreting data from a wide variety of sources to advise our clients.
- Developing and programming across a range of modelling environments (e.g. Python, R, Matlab).
- Testing and version control of code.
- Supporting the project managers on project management and administration.
- Keeping up to date with technical and policy developments in the energy, climate change and cities sectors
What we offer
There are infinite possibilities when you join Arup. You’ll receive all the opportunities that come with a challenging, fulfilling career, including:
- The opportunity to work on some of the world’s greatest projects with technical challenges that will stretch and challenge your skills
- Training and support towards professional accreditation and career development opportunities
- A competitive salary and welcome bonus
- Profit share scheme
- A comprehensive package, including a flexible benefits fund and a generous pension
- Opportunities to work on international projects
- An interesting and varied workload where you’ll make a tangible difference to the world
- A collaborative, intelligent and friendly team in an excellent working environment
- Various sports and social activities in all our locations
Arup is one of the world’s leading building design consultancies with a project portfolio that is second to none. We design and deliver ground-breaking icons through our work in infrastructure, building design and specialist technical services.
We operate in an environment where collaboration and innovation go hand-in-hand to deliver cutting-edge solutions to problems and world-class projects.
What we are looking for
We are looking for graduates with enthusiasm, curiosity, personal drive, technical know-how and an ability to communicate clearly and persuasively. If you can combine these skills with an understanding of (or willingness to learn about) the energy and climate change consulting sector and a desire to deliver excellent services for clients, we would like to hear from you.
Accepted degree subjects
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 18/11/2018
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 18/11/2018
Additional job details
|Location||Edinburgh · London · Newcastle upon Tyne|