Whether guiding a client from concept to realisation, or focusing on a tight brief, our engineers are involved in feasibility, through to detailed design of many maritime and offshore structures including due diligence, inspections and assessments, consents, engineering design, project management, construction supervision and more.
As one of the world's leading building and infrastructure design consultancies, we offer clients the innovation and technical know-how to continually deliver their projects on schedule and on budget, but without compromise.
Are you interested in a career in Offshore renewables and maritime?
Right now, we're looking for a Graduate to join our team of bright professionals in our Bristol office. From your first day, you'll join an unrivalled community of experts, where everyone is supported in their career path and encouraged to work towards a professional qualification.
You'll help us to deliver effective and professional services for a range of varied and high-profile clients. While you'll have a great deal of responsibility from day one, we'll give you the chance to take on more as you progress and broaden your skills.
You will provide support to team members to deliver an effective and professional service to our clients. Due to the multi-disciplinary nature of our design teams, you will have the opportunity to work alongside experts.
Arup offers extensive opportunities for your personal and career development and:
- A competitive salary and settling in allowance
- Profit share scheme
- A comprehensive benefits package, including a flexible benefits fund and highly competitive pension
- An interesting and varied workload
- The opportunity to work on international projects
- Technically challenging projects that will stretch and challenge your skills
- Opportunities to work abroad
- A supportive and friendly team, based in an excellent working environment
- Mentorship and support towards professional accreditation and career development opportunities
What we are looking for
The person is expected to have a good understanding of the offshore environment and structural or geotechnical engineering. Experience of design projects would be beneficial.
We're looking for graduates with curiosity, personal drive and technical knowhow.
We're looking for the following qualifications, attributes and skills
- Strong understanding of coastal processes, geotechnics, structures and associated assessment techniques
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly Excel
- Some experience with coding languages are desirable
- Enthusiasm for a career in Off Shore renewables and maritime structures, underpinned by a knowledge and understanding of our sector and work
- Analytical thought process
- Seek to improve existing ways of working, by finding efficiencies in processes
- The aptitude to work on your own initiative and be proactive
Master's degree in either naval architecture, offshore engineering, marine engineering, mechanical engineering civil, environmental, geotechnical or structural engineering, at 2:1 or above
Accepted degree subjects
- mechanical engineering
- civil engineering and construction
Additional job details
- Competitive salary
How to apply
Does this role sound of interest to you? Please find further information below:
Assessment centres will take place from December 2019, so we recommend that you apply as soon as possible so you don't miss out on this exciting opportunity.
Our Graduate Welcome Week will take place in September 2020. Although we can be flexible on start dates, we would hope that the successful candidate will join their peers for this event.
Please note that we are able to offer Tier 2 visa sponsorship for this role.
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 15 November 2019
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 15 November 2019