Our global engineering geology expertise underpins Arup’s geotechnical work on projects from building design to infrastructure for water, energy, mining, rail, highways, aviation, dams, reservoirs and underground spaces. Clients, contractors and insurers also turn to Arup for expert engineering geology expert advice when things do not go according to plan.
Arup supports its engineering geologists to innovate by investing in research and rigorous ongoing training and development. We continuously take on ambitious projects to stay at the forefront of our field. We have a strong global network of geologists which allows collaboration on research and projects.
What you’ll be doing
From your first day, you’ll join a national team of bright professionals and community of experts, where everyone is supported in their career path and encouraged to work towards a professional qualification.
Key responsibilities may include:
- Delivering effective and professional services for a range of varied and high-profile clients
- Preparing ground models and contributing to the geotechnical design process
- Providing general engineering geological skills for external clients on projects across a wide range of markets
- Gain a thorough understanding of the role of an engineering geologist
- Providing specialist ground engineering advice to the design process and using the latest modelling and analytical software
What we offer
There are infinite possibilities when you join Arup. You’ll receive all the opportunities that come with a challenging, fulfilling career, including:
- The opportunity to work on some of the world’s greatest projects with technical challenges that will stretch and challenge your skills
- Training and support towards professional accreditation and career development opportunities
- A competitive salary and welcome bonus
- Profit share scheme
- A comprehensive package, including a flexible benefits fund and a generous pension
- Opportunities to work on international projects
- An interesting and varied workload where you’ll make a tangible difference to the world
- A collaborative, intelligent and friendly team in an excellent working environment
- Various sports and social activities in all our locations
Arup is one of the world’s leading building design consultancies with a project portfolio that is second to none. We design and deliver ground-breaking icons through our work in infrastructure, building design and specialist technical services.
We operate in an environment where collaboration and innovation go hand-in-hand to deliver cutting-edge solutions to problems and world-class projects.
As an acknowledged leader in applied geology and geotechnics, Arup is often asked to push the essential skill and science of designing and building in the ground. Wherever difficult ground conditions, sensitive environments or ambitious projects present geotechnical or geological challenges, Arup provides robust and advanced solutions.
What we are looking for
We’re looking for graduates with curiosity, personal drive and technical know-how. If you can combine these skills with an understanding of (or willingness to learn about) the Engineering Geology sector and a desire to deliver excellent services for clients, we’d like to hear from you.
Accepted degree subjects
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 18/11/2018
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 18/11/2018
Additional job details