Right now, we're looking for Graduate Consultants to join our team of bright professionals. As our consulting team offers a multidisciplinary service, we are looking for Graduates with diverse skills and interests.
From your first day, you'll join an unrivalled community of experts, where you will be supported and mentored in your chosen career path and encouraged to work towards a professional qualification (such as professional membership of CIEEM) during the early years of your career with us.
You'll help us to deliver effective and professional services for a range of varied and high-profile clients. While you'll have good level of responsibility from day one, we'll give you the chance to take on more as you progress and broaden your skills.
You will gain a thorough understanding and experience of the role of an environmental consultant whilst gaining the breadth of experience needed to achieve your professional qualification.
We anticipate this role will be varied but will focus on the collation, interpretation and mapping of ecological data, using a range of GIS tools and other packages. Your day-to-day responsibilities could include the following:
- Conducting desk studies, including sourcing and evaluating ecological records
- Assisting in the design and undertaking of surveys
- Analysis of survey data and results
- Collation and assimilation of ecological data captured in the field using a range of mobile devices
- Use of ArcGIS and other software to produce high quality drawings to accompany technical reports
- Preparation of clear and concise written reports
- Managing delivery and budgets on small-scale projects
- Preparation of bids and tenders
- Planning your workload so that you can deliver on time or ahead of target
- Inputting to the team's research projects
- Assisting the broader activities of the ecology group across Arup and environment teams, including the co-ordination of social and other team-focused events
There are infinite possibilities when you join Arup. You'll receive all the opportunities that come with a challenging, fulfilling career, including:
- A competitive salary and welcome bonus
- Profit share scheme
- A comprehensive benefits package, including a flexible benefits fund and a generous pension
- An interesting and varied workload where you'll make a tangible difference to the world
- The opportunity to work on projects across the UK and potentially internationally
- A challenging workload that will stretch your mind and make the most of your skills
- A collaborative, intelligent and friendly team in an excellent working environment
- The support you need to develop your career through professional accreditation and training
What we are looking for
We encourage our Graduate Consultants to demonstrate drive and motivation, a thorough understanding of our sector, and a desire to effectively deliver an excellent technical service to our clients. With a busy, diverse team, we seek individuals who can work flexibly and respond to the needs of our clients. As such, we are looking for the following qualifications, skills, and attributes in you:
- Experience in the use of GIS packages (notably ArcGIS)
- Some experience of field surveying (including acquired at university)
- Sound understanding of ecological and evolutionary processes
- An appreciation and understanding of wildlife law
- Active member of an ecological club or organisation, such as BTO, BTCV, RSPB, local wildlife trust or bat group, or relevant university societies
- Skills in botanical identification (desirable)
- Experience in volunteering in the UK or abroad (desirable)
- Bachelor's degree or higher degree in ecology, biology, biological sciences, zoology, geography or environmental sciences (minimum 2.1)
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
- Competitive salary
How to apply
Assessment centres will commence in February 2020. Our Graduate Welcome Event will take place in September 2020. Whilst on occasion we may be flexible with our start dates, we would ask that the successful candidates join their peers for this event.
Please note that we are unable to offer Tier 2 visa sponsorship for this role. Therefore you must ensure that you are eligible to work in the UK without our sponsorship in order for your application to be considered
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 6 January 2020
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 6 January 2020