As our consulting team offers a multidisciplinary service, we are looking for graduates with diverse skills and interests.
From your first day, you'll join an unrivalled community of experts, where you will be supported and mentored in your chosen career path and encouraged to work towards a professional qualification (Chartership) during the first few years of your career with us.
You'll help us to deliver effective and professional services for a range of varied and high-profile clients. While you'll have good level of responsibility from day one, we'll give you the chance to take on more as you progress and broaden your skills.
You will gain a thorough understanding and experience of the role of an environmental consultant whilst gaining the breadth of experience needed to achieve your professional qualification.This is a varied role, and your day-to-day responsibilities could include the following:
- Assisting in the assessment of the environmental effects of infrastructure projects and programmes
- Coordinating technical inputs from a range of disciplines into Environmental Statements / Appraisals
- Assisting in the design and undertaking of surveys and site investigations
- Data analysis of survey results
- Conducting desk studies, including qualitative and quantitative risk assessments
- Preparation of clear and concise reports
- Managing delivery and budgets on small scale projects
- Preparation of bids and tenders
- Planning your workload so that you can deliver on time or ahead of target
- You will contribute towards both statutory and non-statutory impact assessments, technical reports, environmental strategies, corporate reporting and prepare documents for submission within the planning system.
There are infinite possibilities when you join Arup. You'll receive all the opportunities that come with a challenging, fulfilling career, including:
- A competitive salary and welcome bonus
- Profit share scheme
- A comprehensive benefits package, including a flexible benefits fund and a generous pension
- An interesting and varied workload where you'll make a tangible difference to the world
- The opportunity to work on projects across the UK and potentially internationally
- A challenging workload that will stretch your mind and make the most of your skills
- A collaborative, intelligent and friendly team in an excellent working environment
- The support you need to develop your career through professional accreditation and training
What we are looking for
We encourage our Graduate Consultants to demonstrate drive and motivation, a thorough understanding of our sector, and a desire to effectively deliver an excellent technical service to our clients. With a busy, diverse team, we seek individuals who can work flexibly and respond to the needs of our clients. As such, we are looking for the following general qualifications, skills, and attributes in you:
- Relevant work experience is desirable
- Good understanding of environmental planning and impact assessment, sustainability, carbon and climate change
- Enthusiasm for a career in Environmental Consulting, underpinned through a knowledge and deep interest in the built and natural environment
- Possess a strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel, with experience of Geographical Information Systems (GIS) software and Photoshop would also be an advantage
- Bachelor's degree or higher degree in environmental sciences, planning, geography, civil and environmental engineering or environmental studies (Prediction of 2:1)
- Student or graduate member of IEMA or similar professional body is desirable
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
- Competitive salary
How to apply
Assessment centres will commence in February 2020. Our Graduate Welcome Event will take place in September 2020. Whilst on occasion we may be flexible with our start dates, we would ask that the successful candidates join their peers for this event.
Please note that we are unable to offer Tier 2 visa sponsorship for this role. Therefore you must ensure that you are eligible to work in the UK without our sponsorship in order for your application to be considered
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 6 January 2020
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 6 January 2020