Designing the building envelope is designing the single most striking part of the building. The façade fuses architecture with structural challenge, energy conservation, occupant comfort; and the creation of exciting and valuable space within the building.
Our service integrates technical design, structural engineering, thermal analysis, advanced modelling techniques and new materials.
What you’ll be doing
You’ll join our team of bright professionals and community of experts, where everyone is supported in their career path and encouraged to work towards a professional qualification.
You’ll help us to deliver effective and professional services for a range of varied and high-profile clients.
Key responsibilities may include
- Collaborating with leading architectural practices, clients, contractors and supply chain for projects across a wide range of markets
- Undertaking technical design and analysis; drawing, preparing documents and presenting ideas
- Visiting factories and sites in the UK and possibly overseas
At the same time, we will support your goal of working towards becoming a Chartered Engineer. Opportunities exist as your career develops to spend time working in our other offices around the world.
What we offer
There are infinite possibilities when you join Arup. You’ll receive all the opportunities that come with a challenging, fulfilling career, including:
- The opportunity to work on some of the world’s greatest projects with technical challenges that will stretch and challenge your skills
- Training and support towards professional accreditation and career development opportunities
- A competitive salary and welcome bonus
- Profit share scheme
- A comprehensive package, including a flexible benefits fund and a generous pension
- Opportunities to work on international projects
- An interesting and varied workload where you’ll make a tangible difference to the world
- A collaborative, intelligent and friendly team in an excellent working environment
- Various sports and social activities in all our locations
Arup is one of the world’s leading building design consultancies with a project portfolio that is second to none. We design and deliver ground-breaking icons through our work in infrastructure, building design and specialist technical services.
We operate in an environment where collaboration and innovation go hand-in-hand to deliver cutting-edge solutions to problems and world-class projects.
Arup has the largest and strongest façade engineering team globally. Our approach is based on excellence and ingenuity. We work on the most exciting projects around the world.
What we are looking for
We’re looking for graduates with curiosity, personal drive and technical know-how. If you can combine these skills with an understanding of (or willingness to learn about) the façades sector and a desire to deliver excellent services for clients, we’d like to hear from you.
Accepted degree subjects
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 16/12/2018
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 16/12/2018
Additional job details
|Location||Glasgow · London|