At Arup, we design and deliver ground-breaking icons through our work in infrastructure, building design and specialist technical services. Independent in ownership and spirit, we're a global firm of designers, planners, engineers, consultants and technical experts who use our skills to make a positive difference in the world.
Designing the building envelope is designing the single most striking part of the building. The façade fuses architecture with structural challenge, energy conservation, occupant comfort; and the creation of exciting and valuable space within the building.
Arup has the largest and strongest façade engineering team globally. Our approach is based on excellence and ingenuity. We work on the most exciting projects around the world.
Our service integrates technical design, structural engineering, thermal analysis, advanced modelling techniques and new materials.
Are you interested in a career in facades?
Right now, we're looking for Graduate Façade Engineers to join our team of bright professionals. From your first day, you'll join an unrivalled community of experts, where everyone is supported in their career path and encouraged to work towards a professional qualification.
You'll help us to deliver effective and professional services for a range of varied and high-profile clients. While you'll have a great deal of responsibility from day one, we'll give you the chance to take on more as you progress and broaden your skills.
Graduates will be working within a team in a multi-disciplinary office. You will collaborate with leading architectural practices, clients, contractors and supply chain for projects across a wide range of markets. You'll also undertake technical design and analysis; drawing, preparing documents and presenting ideas; and visit factories and sites in the UK and possibly overseas. At the same time, we will support your goal of working towards becoming a Chartered Engineer. Opportunities exist as your career develops to spend time working in our other offices around the world.
There are infinite possibilities when you join Arup. You'll receive all the opportunities that come with a challenging, fulfilling career, including:
- A competitive salary and settling in allowance
- Profit share scheme
- A comprehensive benefits package, including a flexible benefits fund and highly competitive pension
- An interesting and varied workload
- The opportunity to work on international projects
- Technically challenging projects that will stretch and challenge your skills
- Opportunities to work abroad
- A supportive and friendly team, based in an excellent working environment
- Mentorship and support towards professional accreditation and career development opportunities
What we are looking for
We're looking for graduates with curiosity, personal drive and technical knowhow. If you can combine these skills with an understanding of (or willingness to learn about) the Façades sector and a desire to deliver excellent services for clients, we'd like to hear from you.
We're looking for the following qualifications, attributes and skills:
- Passion for façades and architecture
- Broad interest in building technology
- Creative approach to problem solving and effective communication
- Aptitude to work on your own initiative and be proactive
Please note that we are unable to offer Tier 2 visa sponsorship for this role. Therefore you must ensure that you are eligible to work in the UK without our sponsorship in order for your application to be considered.
Civil, structural, architectural, general engineering, or engineering science Masters degree (or equivalent)
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
- Competitive salary
How to apply
Does this role sound of interest to you? Please find further information below:
- Assessment centres will take place from December 2019, so we recommend that you apply as soon as possible so you don't miss out on this exciting opportunity.
- Our Graduate Welcome Week will take place in September 2020. Although we can be flexible on start dates we would hope that the successful candidate will join their peers for this event.
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 15 November 2019
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 15 November 2019