We integrate numerical simulation into the design process to improve performance and economy in diverse contexts including building physics, microclimate modelling, pollutant dispersal, mechanism design and industrial processes.
From the cooling of large stadia bowls to the design of wind and wave power devices or offshore structures, we use our fundamental understanding of fluid dynamics, heat transfer and mechanical engineering to push forward international design practice.
What you’ll be doing
As a Graduate Engineer you will join our team of bright professionals in our Solihull and London offices. From your first day, you will join an unrivalled community of experts, where you will be supported in your career path and encouraged to work towards a professional qualification.
You will be involved in:
- Undertaking analysis and design in collaboration with the engineering design teams
- Using analytical and numerical methods such as CFD and dynamic thermal modelling and wind tunnel and other forms of testing to inform the design process
- Interacting with external architects, clients and design engineers on projects in buildings, energy, industry and transport
- Providing technical solutions and guidance to internal and external clients through the application of first principles, analysis and numerical method
- Attending meetings with clients
What we offer
There are infinite possibilities when you join Arup. You’ll receive all the opportunities that come with a challenging, fulfilling career, including:
- The opportunity to work on some of the world’s greatest projects with technical challenges that will stretch and challenge your skills
- Training and support towards professional accreditation and career development opportunities
- A competitive salary and welcome bonus
- Profit share scheme
- A comprehensive package, including a flexible benefits fund and a generous pension
- Opportunities to work on international projects
- An interesting and varied workload where you’ll make a tangible difference to the world
- A collaborative, intelligent and friendly team in an excellent working environment
- Various sports and social activities in all our locations
Arup is one of the world’s leading building design consultancies with a project portfolio that is second to none. We design and deliver ground-breaking icons through our work in infrastructure, building design and specialist technical services.
We operate in an environment where collaboration and innovation go hand-in-hand to deliver cutting-edge solutions to problems and world-class projects.
What we are looking for
You will have a thorough understanding of mechanical engineering, fluid dynamics and heat transfer, and be interested in diverse applications of these skills.
A strong interest in the built environment, and the application of first principles engineering techniques to inform the design process. Specific interest (and preferably previous experience) of fluid dynamics.
This might include a related post-graduate qualification, but candidates with appropriate interests and experience with a masters-level degree in engineering science, mechanical, civil, structural, aerospace or aeronautical engineering will be considered. (2:1 or higher)
Accepted degree subjects
- aerospace engineering
- mechanical engineering
- civil engineering and construction
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 20/11/2018
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 20/11/2018
Additional job details
|Location||London · Solihull|