Our Geotechnical Engineers apply their specialist skills to buildings and infrastructure projects across the globe. We offer our clients a broad spectrum of expertise and consulting services in a wide variety of projects including highways, rail, energy, waste, water, mining, education, sports and leisure facilities, government/commercial and industrial buildings.
What you’ll be doing
You will join our team of bright professionals across several of our UK offices. From your first day, you’ll join an unrivalled community of experts, where everyone is supported in their career path and encouraged to work towards a professional qualification. You’ll help us to deliver effective and professional services for a range of varied and high-profile clients.
Key responsibilities may include
- Design, procure and supervise site investigation and surveys
- Technical report writing including desk studies and interpretative reports
- Design calculations
- Use of technical analysis and design software packages
- Preparation of contract documents including drawings and specifications
- Liaison with contractors and clients
You will have the opportunity to work alongside multi-disciplinary design teams including Rail, Water, Civil, Buildings and Bridges. Our team structure requires you to support the team across the sub-region you work within and may require you to work in any of our offices from time to time to support workload, network development and skill development.
What we offer
There are infinite possibilities when you join Arup. You’ll receive all the opportunities that come with a challenging, fulfilling career, including:
- The opportunity to work on some of the world’s greatest projects with technical challenges that will stretch and challenge your skills
- Training and support towards professional accreditation and career development opportunities
- A competitive salary and welcome bonus
- Profit share scheme
- A comprehensive package, including a flexible benefits fund and a generous pension
- Opportunities to work on international projects
- An interesting and varied workload where you’ll make a tangible difference to the world
- A collaborative, intelligent and friendly team in an excellent working environment
- Various sports and social activities in all our locations
Arup is one of the world’s leading building design consultancies with a project portfolio that is second to none. We design and deliver ground-breaking icons through our work in infrastructure, building design and specialist technical services.
We operate in an environment where collaboration and innovation go hand-in-hand to deliver cutting-edge solutions to problems and world-class projects.
As one of the world’s leading design consultancies, we offer clients the innovation and technical know-how to continually deliver their projects on schedule and on budget, but without compromise. For over 65 years Arup has continued to pioneer distinctive creative designs. We maintain our reputation because we invest in attracting and developing the most inventive of engineers.
What we are looking for
We’re looking for graduates with curiosity, personal drive and technical know-how. If you can combine these skills with an understanding of (or willingness to learn about) the geotechnical sector and a desire to deliver excellent services for clients, we’d like to hear from you.
Accepted degree subjects
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 18/11/2018
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 18/11/2018
Additional job details
|Location||Bristol · Cardiff · Glasgow · London · Solihull · Whitehaven|