At Arup, we design and deliver iconic projects through our work in infrastructure, building design and specialist technical services. Independent in ownership and spirit, we're a global firm of designers, planners, engineers, consultants and technical experts who use our skills to make a positive difference in the world.
Arup's Advanced Digital Engineering group comprises over 300 advanced engineering, digital and project consultants, bringing together a seamless combination of digital and data-related capabilities with Arup's traditional engineering and design strengths. We use this to solve our clients most complex challenges and help them respond effectively to the fast-changing digital world. We combine advanced digital expertise in data, models, analytics, and user centred design, with world-class specialist engineering skills such as advanced dynamics, vibration and wind engineering, as well as digital advisory services, mobility consulting and digital product design and delivery.
We support Arup's longstanding commitment to work on the most interesting and innovative projects by using the right modelling, data, technology and automation capabilities to redefine the built environment with our clients.
Are you interested in a career in GIS?
We're looking for GIS Specialists/Developers to join our team of bright professionals. From your first day, you'll join an unrivalled community of experts, where everyone is supported and mentored in their career path and encouraged to work towards a professional qualification.
Your workload will be varied, challenging and may include all elements of GIS while working on projects of global and national importance, such as HS2, Crossrail and other major infrastructure, strategic and master planning, research, environmental reviews.
You will have the opportunity to work with the full suite of ESRI's ArcGIS tools, FME, Open Source products and other key data management, manipulation and visualisation software. You will have the opportunity to develop your core GIS and supporting skills including web, server and development skills.
There are infinite possibilities when you join Arup. You'll receive all the opportunities that come with a challenging, fulfilling career, including:
- A competitive salary and settling in allowance
- Profit share scheme
- A comprehensive benefits package, including a flexible benefits fund and highly competitive pension
- An interesting and varied workload
- The opportunity to work on international projects
- Technically challenging projects that will stretch and challenge your skills
- Opportunities to work abroad
- A supportive and friendly team, based in an excellent working environment
- Mentorship and support towards professional accreditation and career development opportunities
What we are looking for
We're looking for graduates with curiosity, personal drive and technical knowhow.
If you can combine these skills with an understanding of (or willingness to learn about) the GIS sector and a desire to deliver excellent services for clients, we'd like to hear from you.
We're looking for the following qualifications, attributes and skills:
- Strong technical expertise and a sound understanding of database management, programming, development, web and visualisation work
- Proven academic experience of utilising and deploying data solutions
- Experience in integrating systems and building software customisations to make spatial and non-spatial data analysis more easily accessible
- Experience in the visualisation and analysis of complex and large data sets
Please note that we are unable to offer Tier 2 visa sponsorship for this role. Therefore you must ensure that you are eligible to work in the UK without our sponsorship in order for your application to be considered.
Bachelors or Masters degree in a relevant subject such as geography, GIS, computer science, data science or software development
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
- Competitive salary
How to apply
Does this role sound of interest to you? Please find further information below:
- Assessment centres will take place from December 2019, so we recommend that you apply as soon as possible so you don't miss out on this exciting opportunity.
- Our Graduate Welcome Week will take place in September 2020. Although we can be flexible on start dates we would hope that the successful candidate will join their peers for this event.
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 15 November 2019
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 15 November 2019