At Arup, we design and deliver ground-breaking icons through our work in infrastructure, building design and specialist technical services. Independent in ownership and spirit, we're a global firm of designers, planners, engineers, consultants and technical experts who use our skills to make a positive difference in the world.
Our infrastructure systems experts combine rail systems and operational knowledge with systems engineering expertise to develop fully integrated railway scheme designs which meet the needs of government, rail operators, the travelling public and others impacted by the railway. These designs may be for a new railway (or other guided transport system), for an extension to an existing system, or an enhancement by the introduction of a new technology
We support projects throughout the project lifecycle in integration, interface management, requirements management and verification and validation. We also provide specialist Systems Engineering services such as Systems Safety, Performance, Reliability, Availability and Maintainability (PRAM) and Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC).
Our services are provided through the whole project lifecycle of:
- Concept and Feasibility
- Design and Manufacturing / Installation
- Testing and Commissioning
- Operation and Maintenance, through to renewal
As one of the world's leading building and infrastructure design consultancies, we offer clients the innovation and technical know-how to continually deliver their projects on schedule and on budget, but without compromise.
Are you interested in a career in infrastructure systems?Right now, we're looking for a graduate to join our team of bright professionals in our London Office. From your first day, you'll join an unrivalled community of experts, where everyone is supported in their career path and encouraged to work towards a professional qualification.
You'll help us to deliver effective and professional services for a range of varied and high-profile clients. While you'll have a great deal of esponsibility from day one, we'll give you the chance to take on more as you progress and broaden your skills.
The person is expected to have a good understanding of Model Based Systems Engineering Tools. Experience of design projects would be beneficial.
You will provide support to team members to deliver an effective and professional service to our clients. Due to the multi-disciplinary nature of our design teams, you will have the opportunity to work alongside experts. Our team has particular expertise in the specification and implementation of European Train Control System (ETCS) level 2 technology which is one of the technologies at the centre of the UK Digital Railway transformation.
There are infinite possibilities when you join Arup. You'll receive all the opportunities that come with a challenging, fulfilling career, including:
- A competitive salary and welcome bonus
- Profit share scheme
- A comprehensive package, including a flexible benefits fund and a generous pension
- An interesting and varied workload where you'll make a tangible difference to the world
- A collaborative, intelligent and friendly team in an excellent working environment
- A challenging workload that will stretch your mind and make the most of your skills
- The support you need to develop your career through professional accreditation and training
What we are looking for
We're looking for graduates with curiosity, personal drive and technical knowhow.
We're looking for the following qualifications, attributes and skills:
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly Excel, and demonstrate an ability to learn new software within a working environment that utilises 3D design and digital automation
- Some experience with coding languages
- Enthusiasm for a career in Rail underpinned by a knowledge and understanding of our sector and work
- Analytical thought process
- Experience with Model Based Systems Engineering Tools
- Seek to improve existing ways of working, by finding efficiencies in processes
- The aptitude to work on your own initiative and be proactive
Please note that we are unable to offer Tier 2 visa sponsorship for this role. Therefore you must ensure that you are eligible to work in the UK without our sponsorship in order for your application to be considered.
- Minimum of bachelor's degree in a subject such as railway engineering, railway systems engineering, electrical or electronic engineering, telecommunications or systems engineering (with a demonstrable interest in rail) with a prediction or attainment of 2:1 or above
- Modules such as e.g. signalling, control systems, systems engineering are highly desirable
- Accreditation with a relevant professional institution (iet, incose or similar) is desirable
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
- Competitive salary
How to apply
Does this role sound of interest to you? Please find further information below:
- Assessment centres will take place from December 2019, so we recommend that you apply as soon as possible so you don't miss out on this exciting opportunity.
- Our Graduate Welcome Week will take place in September 2020. Although we can be flexible on start dates we would hope that the successful candidate will join their peers for this event.
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 15 November 2019
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 15 November 2019