Our smarter mobility experts use clear thinking and intelligent technology to make travelling a seamless and efficient experience. By considering entire journeys and thinking across modes of transport, we make transport systems around the world safer, more efficient and more sustainable to use and operate.
From the very beginning of each project, our specialists work with operators and planners to help define a vision for their transport operations and make sure this can become a reality. Focussed on improving mobility for users, we propose appropriate intelligent transport systems (ITS) as part of an integrated transport solution. Our technical advice, planning, design and management creates complete solutions for towns and cities as well as bespoke improvements to site-specific issues.
What you’ll be doing
You will join our team of bright professionals across several of our UK offices. From your first day, you’ll join an unrivalled community of experts, where everyone is supported in their career path and encouraged to work towards a professional qualification.
You’ll help us to deliver effective and professional services for a range of varied and high-profile clients. While you’ll have a great deal of responsibility from day one, we’ll give you the chance to take on more as you progress and broaden your skills.
Key responsibilities may include:
- Research and data gathering
- GIS or data management
- Design calculations
- Technical report writing
- Produce construction drawings
- Feasibility studies
- Site surveys
- Client and stakeholder engagement activity
- Planning and procurement of site investigation works
- Attend and participate in client meetings
- Supporting internal clients such as other sectors within Arup
- Promoting the work of Arup through conference papers and presentations
You will gain a thorough understanding of the role whilst working towards the goal of a professional qualification.
What we offer
There are infinite possibilities when you join Arup. You’ll receive all the opportunities that come with a challenging, fulfilling career, including:
- The opportunity to work on some of the world’s greatest projects with technical challenges that will stretch and challenge your skills
- Training and support towards professional accreditation and career development opportunities
- A competitive salary and welcome bonus
- Profit share scheme
- A comprehensive package, including a flexible benefits fund and a generous pension
- Opportunities to work on international projects
- An interesting and varied workload where you’ll make a tangible difference to the world
- A collaborative, intelligent and friendly team in an excellent working environment
- Various sports and social activities in all our locations
Arup is one of the world’s leading building design consultancies with a project portfolio that is second to none. We design and deliver ground-breaking icons through our work in infrastructure, building design and specialist technical services.
We operate in an environment where collaboration and innovation go hand-in-hand to deliver cutting-edge solutions to problems and world-class projects.
What we are looking for
We’re looking for graduates with curiosity, personal drive and technical know-how. If you can combine these skills with an understanding of (or willingness to learn about) the ITS sector and a desire to deliver excellent services for clients, we’d like to hear from you.
Accepted degree subjects
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 16/12/2018
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 16/12/2018
Additional job details
|Location||Leeds · London · Solihull|