We’re looking for Graduate Lighting Designers / Engineers to join our team of bright professionals across several of our UK offices to assist on all aspects of lighting projects, from concept development to detailed lighting specifications. From your first day, you’ll join an unrivalled community of experts, where everyone is supported in their career path and encouraged to work towards a professional qualification.
Working mainly with our senior designers, and supporting other team members, this is an exciting opportunity to learn about lighting design, develop skills and subsequently work on your own projects.
What you’ll be doing
Delivering effective and professional services for a range of varied and high-profile clients. While you’ll have a great deal of responsibility from day one, we’ll give you the chance to take on more as you progress and broaden your skills.
You’ll be involved in
- Working alongside experts in architectural and daylighting design on a wide range of national and international projects
- Hands-on lighting design for a range of projects
- Providing lighting calculations
- Preparing renderings, drawings, and specification
- Attending design team meetings and present design outcome
What we offer
There are infinite possibilities when you join Arup. You’ll receive all the opportunities that come with a challenging, fulfilling career, including:
- The opportunity to work on some of the world’s greatest projects with technical challenges that will stretch and challenge your skills
- Training and support towards professional accreditation and career development opportunities
- A competitive salary and welcome bonus
- Profit share scheme
- A comprehensive package, including a flexible benefits fund and a generous pension
- Opportunities to work on international projects
- An interesting and varied workload where you’ll make a tangible difference to the world
- A collaborative, intelligent and friendly team in an excellent working environment
- Various sports and social activities in all our locations
Arup is one of the world’s leading building design consultancies with a project portfolio that is second to none. We design and deliver ground-breaking icons through our work in infrastructure, building design and specialist technical services.
We operate in an environment where collaboration and innovation go hand-in-hand to deliver cutting-edge solutions to problems and world-class projects.
Arup’s commitment to sustainability drives a creative approach with the application of state-of-the-art technology. We work in harmony with aesthetics and vision, delivering lighting designs that help our clients save energy and create sustainable buildings.
From harnessing and controlling daylight to creating drama and delight with electric light, our lighting design work can be characterised as engaged and involved, with a strong emphasis on creativity combined with the technical excellence for which Arup is famous.
What we are looking for
We’re looking for graduates with curiosity, personal drive, design flair and technical know-how. If you can combine these skills with an understanding of (or willingness to learn about) the lighting design and a desire to deliver excellent services for clients, we’d like to hear from you.
Accepted degree subjects
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 16/12/2018
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 16/12/2018
Additional job details
|Location||Cardiff · Edinburgh · London · Manchester|