Arup is an independent firm of designers, planners, engineers, consultants and technical specialists offering a broad range of professional services. Through our work, we make a positive difference in the world.
As one of the world's leading building design consultancies, we offer clients the innovation and technical know-how to continually deliver their projects on schedule and on budget, without compromise.
Our Mechanical Building Services Engineers apply their specialist skills to buildings projects across the globe and are influential at being able to drive reductions in carbon dioxide emissions and energy/water consumption to the benefit of our society.
We offer our clients a broad spectrum of expertise and consulting services in, but not limited to, the following types of developments; commercial and residential developments, Universities, colleges and schools, hospitals and healthcare buildings, laboratories and research facilities, transport projects, including airports and rail stations, sports facilities and stadia, hotels & leisure, theatres and performance venues, museums and Art Galleries, large-scale industrial and manufacturing facilities and data centres.
Are you interested in a career in mechanical ngineering?
Right now we're looking for Graduate Mechanical Building Services Engineers to join our multi-disciplinary design teams across the UK. From your first day, you'll join an unrivalled community of experts, where everyone is supported in their career path and encouraged to work towards a professional qualification.
You'll help us to deliver effective and professional services for a range of varied and high-profile clients. While you'll have a great deal of responsibility from day one, we'll give you the chance to take on more as you progress and broaden your skills.
As a graduate your role will include undertaking calculations, designing systems, producing reports, reviewing industry guidance and applying it to projects, co-ordinating mechanical building services systems with architecture and structural engineering requirements.
There are infinite possibilities when you join Arup. You'll receive all the opportunities that come with a challenging, fulfilling career, including:
- A competitive salary and welcome bonus
- Profit share scheme
- A comprehensive package, including a flexible benefits fund and a generous pension
- An interesting and varied workload where you'll make a tangible difference to the world
- A collaborative, intelligent and friendly team in an excellent working environment
- A challenging workload that will stretch your mind and make the most of your skills
- The support you need to develop your career through professional accreditation and training
What we are looking for
We encourage our Graduate Mechanical Engineers to demonstrate creative problem solving, innovation, drive and motivation, a keen interest in buildings and the built environment, and a desire to effectively deliver an excellent service to our clients. As such, we are looking for the following qualifications, skills and attributes in you:
- Strong analytical skills; scripting, graphical representation and visualisations
- Commercial awareness
- Possess a strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office and demonstrate an ability to learn new software within a working environment that utilises 3D design and digital automation.
- Knowledge of Revit and 3D modelling software
- A keen interest in developing digital design tools to help automate engineering processes
- Enthusiasm for a career in building design, underpinned by a knowledge and understanding of our sector and work
- Demonstrate a creative and inquisitive approach to problem solving
- Seek to improve existing ways of working, by finding efficiencies in processes
- The aptitude to work on your own initiative and be proactive
- Able to start September 2020
Please note that we are unable to offer Tier 2 visa sponsorship for this role. Therefore you must ensure that you are eligible to work in the UK without our sponsorship in order for your application to be considered.
- Masters degree in mechanical, architectural, or building services engineering or other related discipline, at 2.1 or above, however strong Bachelors degrees in these subjects will also be considered
- Studying, or have studied, an IMechE, CIBSE or Engineering Council accredited course
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
- Newcastle upon Tyne
- Competitive salary
How to apply
Does this role sound of interest to you? Please find further information below:
- Assessment centres will take place from December 2019, so we recommend that you apply as soon as possible so you don't miss out on this exciting opportunity.
- Our Graduate Welcome Week will take place in September 2020. Although we can be flexible on start dates we would hope that the successful candidate will join their peers for this event.
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 15 November 2019
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 15 November 2019