At Arup, we design and deliver ground-breaking icons through our work in infrastructure, building design and specialist technical services. Independent in ownership and spirit, we're a global firm of designers, planners, engineers, consultants and technical experts who use our skills to make a positive difference in the world.
Due to continued growth in our businesses, our teams are looking to recruit a number of Graduate Mechanical Engineers into our Infrastructure Group across the UK.
Our Mechanical Engineers apply their specialist skills to infrastructure projects across the globe. We offer our clients a broad spectrum of expertise and consulting services in, but not limited to the following industries:
- Water - water and waste water treatment, pumping stations, reservoirs, water distribution
- Energy - hydro, CHP, waste-to-energy, wind, gas
- Industrial Clients – Steam generation, chemical handling
- Process - food and beverage processing
- Rail – infrastructure, power, telecommunications
Our clients include water companies, energy generators, energy infrastructure owners, rail infrastructure owners, manufacturers, Government agencies and councils, process industries and investment companies.
As one of the world's leading building and infrastructure design consultancies, we offer clients the innovation and technical know-how to continually deliver their projects on schedule and on budget, but without compromise.
Are you interested in a career in mechanical engineering?
Right now, we're looking for Mechanical Engineers to join our team of bright professionals across several of our UK offices. From your first day, you'll join an unrivalled community of experts, where everyone is supported in their career path and encouraged to work towards a professional qualificationYou'll help us to deliver effective and professional services for a range of varied and high-profile clients. While you'll have a great deal of responsibility from day one, we'll give you the chance to take on more as you progress and broaden your skills. You will be encouraged to work towards a professional qualification with the IMechE, whilst maintaining control and drive of your own career.
Typical responsibilities could include:
- Design calculations
- Technical advice to clients
- Developing control philosophies
- Technical report writing
- Site visits and asset condition assessments
- Attend and participate in project meetings, design reviews and HAZOPs
- Producing pumping system designs and selecting pumping equipment
- Mechanical equipment specification and selection
- Client and/or contractor liaison
- Support through the construction phase of a project
A understanding CAD / BIM and experience of design projects would be beneficial.
You will provide support to team members to deliver an effective and professional service to our clients. Due to the multi-disciplinary nature of our design teams, you will have the opportunity to work alongside experts in the following fields: Electrical Engineers, Process Scientists, Civil and Structural Engineers, Environmental Consultants, Project Managers, Geotechnical Engineers and Planners.
There are infinite possibilities when you join Arup. You'll receive all the opportunities that come with a challenging, fulfilling career, including:
- A competitive salary and welcome bonus
- Profit share scheme
- A comprehensive package, including a flexible benefits fund and a generous pension
- An interesting and varied workload where you'll make a tangible difference to the world
- A collaborative, intelligent and friendly team in an excellent working environment
- A challenging workload that will stretch your mind and make the most of your skills
- The support you need to develop your career through professional accreditation and training
What we are looking for
We're looking for graduates with curiosity, personal drive and technical knowhow.
We're looking for the following qualifications, attributes and skills:
- Srong working knowledge of Office and demonstrate an ability to learn new software within a working environment that utilises 3D design and digital automation
- Some experience with coding languages would be beneficial
- Enthusiasm for a career in Mechanical Engineering, underpinned by a knowledge and understanding of our sector and work
- Analytical thought process
- Seek to improve existing ways of working, by finding efficiencies in processes
- The aptitude to work on your own initiative and be proactive
Please note that we are unable to offer Tier 2 visa sponsorship for this role. Therefore you must ensure that you are eligible to work in the UK without our sponsorship in order for your application to be considered.
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering, rail engineering, general engineering or engineering science (2.1 or above)
- Studying, or have studied, an IMechE accredited course
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
- Competitive salary
How to apply
Does this role sound of interest to you? Please find further information below:
- Assessment centres will take place from December 2019, so we recommend that you apply as soon as possible so you don't miss out on this exciting opportunity.
- Our Graduate Welcome Week will take place in September 2020. Although we can be flexible on start dates we would hope that the successful candidate will join their peers for this event.
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 15 November 2019
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 15 November 2019