Arup is a multi–disciplinary firm of designers, planners, engineers, consultants and technical specialists, working across every aspect of today's built environment. Together we help our clients solve their most complex challenges – turning exciting ideas into tangible reality as we strive to find a better way and shape a better world.
The Operations Consulting team is part of the Advisory Services Group in Arup. Operations Consulting works at the intersection between the built environment and the people who use and experience it. We advise and deliver solutions that transform the performance and capability of our clients' businesses and projects. To do this, we focus on people, processes, technology and assets, implementing solutions that encompass sustainability and innovation.
Our team is made up of diverse talents ranging from business process improvement, people and change, logisticians to Asset Managers and Human Factors experts. We collectively draw on these hosts of specialist skills to transform the organisations and operations of our clients in the UK and beyond. We operate in a range of markets including Energy, Water, Highways, Aviation, Rail, Science and Industry, Property and Healthcare.
We believe that for our work to be interesting and rewarding, we must strive to make the work environment so for our people. So, consider joining us if you are looking for a place where people are treated with care, respect, trust and as human beings rather than links in the chain of command.
Are you interested in a career in Operations Consulting?
Right now, we're looking for a graduate to join our team of bright professionals in our London, Solihull and Manchester Office. From your first day, you'll join a community of experts, where you will be supported and mentored in your chosen career path and encouraged to develop your skills, experience and confidence as a management consultant during the first few years of your career with us.
You will help us to deliver effective, professional services for a range of varied and high-profile clients. Depending on your projects and chosen areas of interest, you will advise clients across aspects of transformational business change, organisational design, operational excellence, asset management, stakeholder engagement and logistics. This could include using behavioural science and physical ergonomics for work including human factors integration and work environment assessments. As you progress in your role at Arup, we envisage you will develop your skills and progress in the levels of responsibility and challenging projects you are involved with.
There are infinite possibilities when you join Arup. You'll receive all the opportunities that come with a challenging, fulfilling career, including:
- A competitive salary and welcome bonus
- Profit share scheme
- A comprehensive package, including a flexible benefits fund and a generous pension
- An interesting and varied workload where you'll make a tangible difference to the world
- A collaborative, intelligent and friendly team in an excellent working environment
- A challenging workload that will stretch your mind and make the most of your skills
- The support you need to develop your career through professional accreditation and training
What we are looking for
We're looking for graduates with curiosity, personal drive and technical knowhow. If you have enthusiasm for a career in Advisory, underpinned by a knowledge and understanding of our sector and work, we would like to hear from you.
We're looking for the following qualifications, attributes and skills:
- Adaptability, versatility and the motivation to apply your skills to a range of projects and service areas
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in writing and verbally
- Great reasoning and analytical skills
- Initiative and creative approach to problem solving
- The aptitude to work on your own initiative and be proactive
- Understanding of the importance of client care and your role in contributing towards it
- Possessing a strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly Excel
Please note that we are unable to offer Tier 2 visa sponsorship for this role. Therefore you must ensure that you are eligible to work in the UK without our sponsorship in order for your application to be considered.
Degree level qualification in disciplines such as: engineering, business, social science, psychology or ergonomics
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
- Competitive salary
How to apply
Does this role sound of interest to you? Please find further information below:
- Assessment centres will take place from December 2019, so we recommend that you apply as soon as possible so you don't miss out on this exciting opportunity.
- Our Graduate Welcome Week will take place in September 2020. Although we can be flexible on start dates we would hope that the successful candidate will join their peers for this event.
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 15 November 2019
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 15 November 2019