We are a centre of excellence for digital in Arup. We combine advanced digital, engineering, technical, and project expertise to add new value for clients.
Arup's Advanced Digital Engineering group comprises over 300 advanced engineering, digital and project consultants, bringing together a seamless combination of digital and data-related capabilities with Arup's traditional engineering and design strengths. We use this to solve our clients’ most complex challenges and help them respond effectively to the fast-changing digital world. We combine advanced digital expertise in data, models, analytics, and user centred design, with world-class specialist engineering skills such as advanced dynamics, vibration and wind engineering, as well as digital advisory services, mobility consulting and digital product design and delivery.
We support Arup's longstanding commitment to work on the most interesting and innovative projects by using the right modelling, data, technology and automation capabilities to redefine the built environment with our clients.
What you’ll be doing
As a product designer, you will work on a broad range of product design, problem-solving, visualisation, presentation, project delivery and development activities:
- You will be expected to work on various phases of the product design process, including user and market analysis/research, product requirements, brief development, problem-solving, semiotics and semantics strategy, hand-sketching, 3D CAD modelling, selection of appropriate materials and manufacturing processes
- Ability to communicate ideas and design concepts clearly and professionally, using a range of 3D visualisation and animation, hand-sketching, drawing and graphic presentation, model-making and product assembly techniques
- Friendly professional, a good communicator and listener with the confidence to work well with clients and contractors
- There will be a requirement to write specifications for products, materials and associated manufacturing processes from time-to-time
- You will provide support to the senior team and be expected to liaise and work with the wider Arup engineering and design teams
- Support the senior product design and wider Arup team with new product design business development activities
What we offer
There are infinite possibilities when you join Arup. You’ll receive all the opportunities that come with a challenging, fulfilling career, including:
- The opportunity to work on some of the world’s greatest projects with technical challenges that will stretch and challenge your skills
- Training and support towards professional accreditation and career development opportunities
- A competitive salary and welcome bonus
- Profit share scheme
- A comprehensive package, including a flexible benefits fund and a generous pension
- Opportunities to work on international projects
- An interesting and varied workload where you’ll make a tangible difference to the world
- A collaborative, intelligent and friendly team in an excellent working environment
- Various sports and social activities in all our locations
Arup is one of the world’s leading building design consultancies with a project portfolio that is second to none. We design and deliver ground-breaking icons through our work in infrastructure, building design and specialist technical services.
We operate in an environment where collaboration and innovation go hand-in-hand to deliver cutting-edge solutions to problems and world-class projects.
What we are looking for
We're looking for a graduate with curiosity, personal drive, design flair and technical know-how. If you can combine these skills with an understanding of (or willingness to learn about) the product design and a desire to deliver excellent services for clients, we'd like to hear from you.
Accepted degree subjects
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 18/11/2018
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 18/11/2018
Additional job details