We are looking for Graduate Project Managers to join our team of bright professionals. From your first day, you will join an unrivalled community of experts, where everyone is supported in their career path and encouraged to work towards a professional qualification, whilst maintaining control and drive of their own career. You will help us to deliver effective and professional services for a range of varied and high-profile clients.
You will have a great deal of responsibility from day one, which will involve working in high performing teams and delivering client facing tasks. As you progress in your role at Arup, we envisage you will develop your skills and progress in the levels of responsibility and challenging projects you are involved with.
Covering the spectrum of project management, you will have the opportunity to be involved in all stages of the project life cycle from project feasibility, concept design, design coordination, contract administration through to delivery and handover. It is likely you will work on a variety of projects as a graduate, which will provide a diverse working environment. Typical responsibilities could include:
- Manage project information flow
- Develop project execution strategies
- Project monitoring and progress reporting
- Establishing project control methodologies
- Creating reporting dashboards
- Assist in coordinating the work of project teams
- Support the development of project gateway reports
- Prepare KPI or project benchmarking information
- Support the development of procurement strategies
- Support the management of contracts
- Undertake contract administration duties on site and in the office
What we offer
There are infinite possibilities when you join Arup. You’ll receive all the opportunities that come with a challenging, fulfilling career, including:
- A competitive salary and welcome bonus
- Profit share scheme
- A comprehensive package, including a flexible benefits fund and a generous pension
- An interesting and varied workload where you’ll make a tangible difference to the world
- A collaborative, intelligent and friendly team in an excellent working environment
- A challenging workload that will stretch your mind and make the most of your skills
- The support you need to develop your career through professional accreditation and training
At Arup, we design and deliver groundbreaking icons through our work in the built environment. Independent in ownership and spirit, we’re a global firm of project managers, designers, planners, engineers, consultants and technical experts who use our skills to make a positive difference in the world.
Our 500 programme and project managers are based in 24 countries across the global Arup network and come from a variety of backgrounds with a range of professional qualifications across engineering, design, construction management and cost control. Our multi-disciplinary approach to programme management and project management ensures we consistently deliver a high-calibre, tailored service to each of our clients.
Arup Project & Programme Management teams provide professional services across a wide range of strategic and complex projects. These services include, but are not limited to the following:
- Programme management
- Project management
- Risk management
- Project planning and logistics
- Change management
- Due diligence
- Contract administration
Our Programme and Project Management team are currently active in many sectors including energy, education, science, healthcare, industrial, rail and water.
We are looking for graduates with curiosity, personal drive and technical knowhow. If you can combine these skills with a thorough understanding of (or willingness to learn about) the role of a Project Manager and a desire to deliver excellent services for clients, we would like to hear from you. We are looking for the following attributes and skills:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Possess a strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office, excel, word, etc.
- Microsoft projects software (or similar) understanding being an advantage
- Strong ethics towards team working
- An understanding of project and risk management is an advantage
- Enthusiasm for a career in project management, underpinned through a knowledge and understanding of our sector and work
- Be planned and organised in your approach to work and meeting deadlines
- Demonstrate a creative approach to problem solving
- The aptitude to work on your own initiative and be proactive
- Be flexible to the needs of the business, and changes to project plans
- Be prepared to travel for assignments (including overseas)
Qualifications and experience requirements
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant subject, such as engineering, business, construction management and project management, at 2.1 or above
- A Masters in an APM accredited project management course is advantageous, but not essential
- Preference for numerate or scientific A-Levels
Accepted degree subjects
How to apply
Assessments will take place shortly after the closing date. Our Graduate Welcome Week will take place in September 2018. Although we can be flexible on start dates we would hope that the successful candidate will join their peers for this event.
Please note that we are unable to offer Tier 2 visa sponsorship for this role. Therefore you must ensure that you are eligible to work in the UK without our sponsorship in order for your application to be considered.
Closing date: 14/11/2017
This job listing will no longer be available on Prospects from 14/11/2017