At Arup, we design and deliver iconic projects through our work in the built environment. Independent in ownership and spirit, we're a global firm of project managers, programme managers, designers, planners, engineers, consultants and technical experts who use our skills to make a positive difference in the world.
Arup Project & Programme Management teams provide professional services across a wide range of strategic and complex projects in many sectors including Energy & Utilities, Education, Science, Healthcare, Industrial, Rail, Aviation and Infrastructure. Some of the professional services we deliver to our clients include Programme and Project management, PMO and Project controls, Risk and Change management and Due Dilligence.
Our 500 programme and project managers are based in 24 countries across the global Arup network and come from a variety of backgrounds with a range of professional qualifications across engineering, design, project management, construction management and cost control. Our multi-disciplinary approach to programme management and project management ensures we consistently deliver a high-calibre, tailored service to each of our clients.
Are you interested in a career in Project and Programme Management?
We are looking for Graduate Project Managers to join our team of bright professionals. You'll join an unrivalled community of experts, where everyone is supported in their career path and encouraged to work towards a professional qualification, whilst maintaining control and drive of their own career.
You will have a great deal of responsibility from day one, which will involve working in high performing teams and delivering client facing tasks. As you progress in your role at Arup, we envisage you will develop your skills and progress in the levels of responsibility and stimulating projects you are involved with.
Covering the spectrum of programme and project management, you will have the opportunity to be involved in all stages of the project life cycle from programme definition or project feasibility/business case development, concept design, design coordination, tender management, contract administration through to delivery, handover and benefits realisation.
In addition to your client project work, you will have the opportunity to get involved in a number of business improvement initiatives, and to take part to a wide range of formal and informal learning sessions, which will support your professional development and help shaping your career in project management.
Typical responsibilities could include:
- Manage project information flow
- Develop project execution strategies
- Project monitoring and progress reporting, including creating reporting dashboards
- Attend and participate in project progress, design and construction team meetings
- Establish and managing project control processes
- Support the development of project gateway reports and other governance reviews
- Prepare KPI or project benchmarking information
- Support the development of procurement strategies
- Support the management of contracts
- Undertake contract administration duties on site and in the office
- Assist in preparing for Client presentation and governance meetings
There are infinite possibilities when you join Arup. You'll receive all the opportunities that come with a challenging, fulfilling career, including:
- A competitive salary and welcome bonus
- Profit share scheme
- A comprehensive package, including a flexible benefits fund and a generous pension
- An interesting and varied workload where you'll make a tangible difference to the world
- A collaborative, intelligent and friendly team in an excellent working environment
- A challenging workload that will stretch your mind and make the most of your skills
- The support you need to develop your career through professional accreditation and training
What we are looking for
We are looking for graduates with curiosity and personal drive, who are technically minded and have a familiarity with the UK construction industry. If you are enthusiastic about a career in Project Management, underpinned by knowledge and understanding of our sector and work and a desire to deliver excellent services for clients, we would like to hear from you.
We are looking for the following qualifications, attributes and skills:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly Excel and Word
- Knowledge of Microsoft Project software (or similar) is an advantage
- Understanding of data management, visualisations and / or digital tools would be desirable
- Planned and organised approach to work and meeting deadlines
- Creative approach to problem solving
- Being prepared to travel for assignments (including overseas)
Please note that we are unable to offer Tier 2 visa sponsorship for this role. Therefore you must ensure that you are eligible to work in the UK without our sponsorship in order for your application to be considered.
- Minimum of a bachelor's degree in a relevant subject, such as engineering, architecture, business, construction management or project maagement, at 2.1 or above
- Masters degree in an APM accredited project management course is advantageous
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
- Competitive salary
How to apply
Does this role sound of interest to you? Please find further information below:
- Assessment centres will take place from December 2019, so we recommend that you apply as soon as possible so you don't miss out on this exciting opportunity.
- Our Graduate Welcome Week will take place in September 2020. Although we can be flexible on start dates we would hope that the successful candidate will join their peers for this event.
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 15 November 2019
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 15 November 2019