At Arup, we have been tackling some of the world's most challenging and complex problems for the last 70 years through our work in the built environment. Arup can do so much more to help our clients shape a better world by improving the impact of their people, investments, projects and assets.
Advisory Services in Arup plays a leading role in the development of business strategy, investment advice, transformation and operational excellence across major capital projects. Our work delivers transformation to ultimately achieve sustainable business outcomes, and we achieve this by helping to re-design thinking for business. You'll work alongside an integrated team which includes, Asset managers and Engineers Business Improvement Operations, Business Investment Advisory, Organisational and occupational psychologists and Project and programme managers.As a Cost Manager in this wider integrated Advisory team, you will get the opportunity to work on a wide range of projects and programmes in a wide range of sectors and at all stages of the project lifecycle from feasibility right through to financial closeout at completion of construction. We provide our clients with solutions to their complex requirements which we meet through the successful delivery of our projects and programmes.
Are you interested in a career in cost anagement?
From your first day, you'll join a community of experts, where you will be supported and mentored in your chosen career and encouraged todevelop your skills, experience and confidence as a budding Chartered Surveyor during the first few years of your career with us. You will help us to deliver effective and professional services for a range of varied and high-profile clients. You will have a level of responsibility from day one, which will involve working in high performing teams and delivering client facing tasks. As you progress in your role at Arup, we envisage you will develop your skills and progress in the levels of responsibility and challenging projects you are involved with.
One of the biggest advantages of working with us is the breadth of work that we do; you will get experience from day one of working across multi-disciplinary teams across the whole of Advisory Services. You may work across different areas and you are not expected to commit to specialising in an area from day one, giving you the opportunity to find your niche.
Our roles also offer significant opportunities to travel, through various types of assignment, through our early career development exchange programme, as well as through project work.
There are infinite possibilities when you join Arup. You'll receive all the opportunities that come with a challenging, fulfilling career, including:
- A competitive salary and welcome bonus
- Profit share scheme
- A comprehensive package, including a flexible benefits fund and a generous pension
- An interesting and varied workload where you'll make a tangible difference to the world
- A collaborative, intelligent and friendly team in an excellent working environment
- A challenging workload that will stretch your mind and make the most of your skills
- The support you need to develop your career through professional accreditation and training
What we are looking for
We encourage our Cost Managers to demonstrate drive and motivation, a passion for our sector, and a desire to effectively deliver an excellent service to our clients. With a busy, diverse team, you will need to be flexible to respond to the needs of our clients.
As such, we are looking for the following qualifications, skills, and attributes in you:
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in writing and verbally
- Great reasoning and analytical skills
- Demonstrate initiative and a creative approach to problem solving
- The aptitude to work on your own initiative
- Recognise the importance of client care and your role in contributing towards it
- Ambition to further your professional development and work towards achieving Chartership
Please note that we are unable to offer Tier 2 visa sponsorship for this role. Therefore you must ensure that you are eligible to work in the UK without our sponsorship in order for your application to be considered.
A degree that is RICS accredited and surveying-based
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
- Competitive salary
How to apply
Does this role sound of interest to you? Please find further information below:
- Assessment centres will take place from December 2019, so we recommend that you apply as soon as possible so you don't miss out on this exciting opportunity.
- Our Graduate Welcome Week will take place in September 2020. Although we can be flexible on start dates we would hope that the successful candidate will join their peers for this event.
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 15 November 2019
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 15 November 2019