At Arup, we are passionate about designing and delivering ground-breaking work in infrastructure, building design and specialist technical services. Independent in ownership and spirit, we are a global firm of designers, planners, engineers, consultants and technical experts using our skills to help shape a better world.
Resilience, Energy and Climate Change is a multi-disciplinary team of engineers, policy experts and environmental scientists who focus on the challenges and opportunities of resilience energy and climate change.The diverse nature of the work we do means that you will be working for a variety of clients, on projects across a wide range of markets, including utilities and infrastructure providers, local governments, philanthropic organisations focused on low carbon and climate resilient development; international financial institutions, banks and other investors; and developers, among others.Our work is informed by technical, economic, policy, social and governance perspectives.
About the role
We have an opportunity for a Graduate Risk and Resilience Consultant to join our team of bright professionals in Bristol. Arup has an
unrivalled community of multidisciplinary experts, where you will be supported and mentored in your career path and encouraged to work towards a professional qualification. Your day to day tasks may include:
- Gathering, processing, analysing and interpreting data from a wide variety of sources to advise our clients
- Working across specialisms to gather expertise in solving resilience challenges
- Developing business continuity, risk management and resilience strategies / plans
- Conducting comprehensive risk assessments
- Horizon scanning
- Scenario planning
- Arranging and participating in client and stakeholder workshops
- Performing resilience gap analyses for cities and organisations
- Assessing resilience benefits of a variety of strategic options
- Contributing to project delivery design advice supporting senior colleagues
- Producing well written reports in clear English
- Preparing high quality diagrams and presentations
- Supporting the development of proposals for new commissions
There are infinite possibilities when you join Arup. You'll receive all the opportunities that come with a challenging, fulfilling career, including:
- A competitive salary and welcome bonus
- Profit share scheme
- A comprehensive package, including a flexible benefits fund and a generous pension
- An interesting and varied workload where you'll make a tangible difference to the world
- A collaborative, intelligent and friendly team in an excellent working environment
- A challenging workload that will stretch your mind and make the most of your skills
- The support you need to develop your career through professional accreditation and training
What we are looking for
We encourage our Cost Managers to demonstrate drive and motivation, a passion for our sector, and a desire to effectively deliver an excellent service to our clients. With a busy, diverse team, you will need to be flexible to respond to the needs of our clients.
As such, we are looking for the following qualifications, skills, and attributes in you:
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in writing and verbally
- Great reasoning and analytical skills
- Demonstrate initiative and a creative approach to problem solving
- The aptitude to work on your own initiative
- Recognise the importance of client care and your role in contributing towards it
- Ambition to further your professional development and work towards achieving Chartership
Please note that we are unable to offer Tier 2 visa sponsorship for this role. Therefore you must ensure that you are eligible to work in the UK without our sponsorship in order for your application to be considered.
A degree that is RICS accredited and surveying-based
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
- Competitive salary
How to apply
Does this role sound of interest to you? Please find further information below:
- Assessment centres will take place from December 2019, so we recommend that you apply as soon as possible so you don't miss out on this exciting opportunity.
- Our Graduate Welcome Week will take place in September 2020. Although we can be flexible on start dates we would hope that the successful candidate will join their peers for this event.
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 15 November 2019
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 15 November 2019