We have an exciting opportunity to grow our team of software developers. You will join our Solihull office working in a wider team of around 20 developers to develop the market leading Oasys Suite of pre- and post-processing software for the LS-DYNA finite element analysis code (see www.oasys-software.com/dyna for more information). This software is used in the automotive, nuclear and civil engineering community. Its primary use is testing vehicle crash worthiness for the automotive industry (65%) and object impact worthiness within our seismic, geotechnic and building specialisms.
You’ll help us to deliver effective and professional services for a range of varied and high-profile clients. While you’ll have a great deal of responsibility from day one, we’ll give you the chance to take on more as you progress and broaden your skills.
Our software team members take responsibility both for the development of larger tasks, which they take ownership of to see tasks through from beginning to end, and maintenance of existing features. They contribute to other related responsibilities such as quality assurance and day-to-day technical support. There are also opportunities for client contact through regular meetings, training courses and other events both in the UK and abroad.
We are looking for candidates with some experience of using either finite element analysis software or other numerical solution software, and who can demonstrate an interest and aptitude for software development. It is desirable that C and Fortran are known however training will be given from within the team if required.
What we offer
There are infinite possibilities when you join Arup. You’ll receive all the opportunities that come with a challenging, fulfilling career, including:
- A competitive salary and welcome bonus
- Profit share scheme
- A comprehensive package, including a flexible benefits fund and a generous pension
- An interesting and varied workload where you’ll make a tangible difference to the world
- A collaborative, intelligent and friendly team in an excellent working environment
- A challenging workload that will stretch your mind and make the most of your skills
- The support you need to develop your career through professional accreditation and training
At Arup, we design and deliver groundbreaking icons through our work in infrastructure, building design and specialist technical services. Independent in ownership and spirit, we’re a global firm of designers, planners, engineers, consultants and technical experts who use our skills to make a positive difference in the world.
Arup began developing its own software more than 40 years ago in response to our evolving challenges. Today, our software house Oasys brings relevant, flexible tools to organisations worldwide.
Oasys software leads the field in structural, seismic, geotechnical and document management. Its programs are used across 200 countries, by leading designers of the built environment – including the UK’s top 25 building design consultants – and by numerous universities.
We’re looking for graduates with curiosity, personal drive and technical knowhow. If you can combine these skills with an understanding of (or willingness to learn about) the industry and a desire to deliver excellent services for clients, we’d like to hear from you.
We’re looking for the following attributes and skills:
- Experience of FEA software is advantageous
- Knowledge of C or Fortran is advantageous
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- An understanding of the needs of your clients
- Be planned and organised in your approach to work and meeting deadlines
- Have enthusiasm for a career in software development, underpinned through a knowledge and understanding of our sector and work
- Demonstrate a creative approach to problem solving
- Seek to improve existing ways of working, by finding efficiencies in processes
- Have the aptitude to work on your own initiative and be proactive
- Be flexible to the needs of the business, and changes to project plans
- Be dedicated to the delivery of projects, and the development of the team and business as a whole
Qualifications and experience requirements
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in computer science,e ngineering science, general engineering, mechanical engineering, mathematics, or physics
- Degree result of 2.1 or above
- Preference for grade B or above in A-Level Maths, but not essential
Accepted degree subjects
How to apply
A ssessment centres will commence soon after the closing date. Our Graduate Welcome Week will take place in September 2018. Although we can be flexible on start dates we would hope that the successful candidate will join their peers for induction.
Please note that we are unable to offer Tier 2 visa sponsorship for this role. Therefore you must ensure that you are eligible to work in the UK without our sponsorship in order for your application to be considered.
Closing date: 14/11/2017
This job listing will no longer be available on Prospects from 14/11/2017