At Arup, we design and deliver iconic projects through our work in infrastructure, building design and specialist technical services. Independent in ownership and spirit, we're a global firm of designers, planners, engineers, consultants and technical experts who use our skills to make a positive difference in the world.
Our town planners advise the private, public and third sectors to guide each stage of the development process. With long-standing experience in the planning and economic development sector, we offer our clients a broad spectrum of consulting services including, but not limited to, the following:
- Strategic advice on policy, place and development
- Planning applications and related advice
- Regeneration strategies and policies
- Consultation and stakeholder engagement
- Research and analysis
- Planning and related policy and supporting documents
- Critical friend support and training
- Contributions to intellectual debate on emerging issues
- Business case advice for major regeneration programmes
We also specialise in producing sustainable policy, plans, frameworks and masterplans that, in turn, give us the insight to guide projects that are in sympathy with visions for local or regional development.
Our planning, policy and economic experts work collaboratively with specialists from a wide range of backgrounds, including environmental, design, energy, sustainability, legal, costing, engineering and infrastructure and transactions to ensure that our advice is pragmatic and delivers value. Many of our projects are boundary pushing and nationally significant.
Are you interested in a career in Town Planning?
We are currently looking to recruit graduates across a range of our UK offices to join our established team of Consultants. You will work within a wider team to deliver an effective and professional service to a wide range of clients. Projects can vary in duration and location which helps to provide a diverse working environment.
Due to the nature of our work you will have the opportunity to gain a broad range of skills and will develop over the course of your employment as you gain increased responsibility. Both commercial and technical training is available and encouraged as you gain more experience. You will be encouraged to work towards a professional qualification to support your on-going career development.
There are infinite possibilities when you join Arup. You'll receive all the opportunities that come with a challenging, fulfilling career, including:
- A competitive salary and welcome bonus
- Profit share scheme
- A comprehensive package, including a flexible benefits fund and a generous pension
- An interesting and varied workload where you'll make a tangible difference to the world
- A collaborative, intelligent and friendly team in an excellent working environment
- A challenging workload that will stretch your mind and make the most of your skills
- The support you need to develop your career through professional accreditation and training
What we are looking for
We're looking for graduates with curiosity, personal drive and technical knowhow. If you can combine these skills with an understanding of (or willingness to learn about) the industry and a desire to deliver excellent services for clients, we'd like to hear from you.
We're looking for the following qualifications, attributes and skills:
- Appreciation and understanding of the practical aspects of some or all of the following: An understanding of the relationship between planning, environment, design, infrastructure and sustainability is desirable. This could include:
- place making/urban policy and strategy
- town/urban planning
- consultation techniques and approaches
- public policy formulation and/or
- local economic development and/or socio-economic assessment
- Possess a strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of GIS software and Adobe Creative Suite is advantageous
- Enthusiasm for a career in planning, regeneration or economic development, underpinned through a knowledge and understanding of our sector and work
Please note that we are unable to offer Tier 2 visa sponsorship for this role. Therefore you must ensure that you are eligible to work in the UK without our sponsorship in order for your application to be considered.
- Master's degree in a relevant subject (including town, spatial, urban or regional planning, economics, geography, urban policy, public policy, regeneration) and an undergraduate degree with achieved results of 2:1 or higher or
- An undergraduate degree in geography, town, urban, spatial or regional planning with results of 2:1 or higher.
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
- Competitive salary
How to apply
Does this role sound of interest to you? Please find further information below:
- Assessment centres will take place from December 2019, so we recommend that you apply as soon as possible so you don't miss out on this exciting opportunity.
- Our Graduate Welcome Week will take place in September 2020. Although we can be flexible on start dates we would hope that the successful candidate will join their peers for this event.
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 15 November 2019
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 15 November 2019