About Transport Consulting
We have established ourselves at the forefront of the debate on the future of transport, with a reputation that is built up on excellence and innovation in our work. As a result, we offer a complete transport consultancy service worldwide, with our Transport Planners and Transport Consultants operating through a network of over 70 offices across the globe. The Graduate Transport Consultant – Data & Digital will work closely with Arup’s Transport Planners and other Arup specialists to develop digital solutions for the transport industry.
About the role
Right now we’re looking a Graduate Transport Consultant (Data & Digital) to join our team of bright professionals in London. From your first day, you’ll join an unrivalled community of experts, where everyone is supported in their career path and encouraged to work towards a professional qualification, whilst maintaining control and drive of your own career.
You’ll help us to deliver effective and professional services for a range of varied and high-profile clients. While you’ll have a great deal of responsibility from day one, we’ll give you the chance to take on more as you progress and broaden your skills. Projects will be allocated to you on a regular basis for varying lengths of time, which provides a diverse working environment. Your day-to-day responsibilities will include the following:
- Undertaking data analytics and visualisation of real-time, static and other transport datasets
- Using appropriate tools to support development of in-house capabilities that transform how we work and what we offer to our clients
- Sharing insights in presentations and written reports internally and to clients
- Working on technical, research and strategy projects with a focus on disruptive technologies and smart city solutions
- Adopting an agile development approach and potentially working across Arup Planning disciplines
What we offer
There are infinite possibilities when you join Arup. You’ll receive all the opportunities that come with a challenging, fulfilling career, including:
- A competitive salary and welcome bonus
- Profit share scheme
- A comprehensive package, including a flexible benefits fund and a generous pension
- Opportunities to work on international projects
- An interesting and varied workload where you’ll make a tangible difference to the world
- A collaborative, intelligent and friendly team in an excellent working environment
- A challenging workload that will stretch your mind and make the most of your skills
- The support you need to develop your career through professional accreditation and training
At Arup, we design and deliver groundbreaking icons through our work in infrastructure, building design and specialist technical services. Independent in ownership and spirit, we’re a global firm of designers, planners, engineers, consultants and technical experts who use our skills to make a positive difference in the world.
Our transport consultants (data and digital) utilise Arup’s leading domain knowledge in transport and apply their technical expertise in project work for our clients to translate how digital technologies can transform their approach and their business. We do this by developing strategies, providing valuable insight and designing fit-for-purpose tools. We offer world-class advisory services and solutions for our clients and our work extends over a broad range of areas, ranging from smaller projects to large multi-disciplinary projects which require digital solutions.
Our independence allows us to look for the appropriate technology solution based upon our clients’ needs. The global experience we have benefits our clients through cross market and cross country lessons learnt and detailed knowledge of the most challenging problems our clients face. We believe that when harnessed correctly, technology has the power to create smarter approaches to shape a better world.
We’re looking for graduates with curiosity, personal drive and technical knowhow. If you can combine these skills with an understanding of (or willingness to learn about) the sector and a desire to deliver excellent services for clients, we’d like to hear from you.
- Some experience with scalable data analytics tools such as Apache Hadoop or Apache Spark would be advantageous
- Enthusiasm for working in Transport
- Dedication to the delivery of projects and the development of the team and business as a whole
- Initiative and a creative approach to problem solving
- The aptitude to work on your own initiative
Qualifications and experience requirements
- A Bachelors and/or a Master’s degree in engineering, computer science, mathematics or statistics or equivalent
- Experience with statistical software such as Python, R, Julia or Matlab is essential
- Experience with relational databases (SQL) is preferred and experience with non-relational databases (NoSQL) is ideal
Accepted degree subjects
mathematics · archaeology · chemical engineering · biology and life sciences · geology and geographical science · civil engineering and construction · environmental science and ecology
How to apply
Assessments may begin sooner than the closing date so we would advise you to apply as soon as possible. Our Graduate Welcome Week will take place in September 2018. Although we can be flexible on start dates we would hope that the successful candidate will join their peers for this event.
Closing date: 31/01/2018
This job listing will no longer be available on Prospects from 31/01/2018