Around the globe, Arup's vertical transportation engineers bring specialist expertise to solutions for buildings and transport infrastructure.
Our comprehensive services include vertical transportation engineering design for both new and refurbished buildings; we are also involved in condition surveys of existing lifts and escalators.
Whether in commercial property, retail, sport, leisure, the arts or any market, we meet the creative and commercial demands of designers and developers.
Our specialists work seamlessly with structural and building services engineers to create complete building solutions.
Beyond standard areas of responsibility, Arup expects its vertical transportation engineers to become creative partners in the design process working closely with architects to ensure the movement of people and goods around buildings in an efficient and co-ordinated manner.
At Arup, we are leaders rather than followers in technical advances and sustainability. Through in-house research and development and a host of previous cutting-edge projects, we ensure that clients get the benefit, rather than the risk, of innovation. We look not only at the capital cost of new installations but the space efficiency and energy costs to arrive at optimum solutions.
Are you interested in a career in vertical transportation?
Graduates will be working in a multi-disciplinary office, preparing designs in co-ordination with their team as well as external architects, surveyors, contractors and clients for projects across a wide range of markets.
They will gain a thorough understanding of the role of a design engineer, experience the use of software design programmes and visit sites to see the work undertaken while at the same time working towards the goal of becoming a Chartered Engineer.
Communication both written and verbal is a key part of our work and graduates will be involved from an early stage in the preparation of reports and attendance at meetings with other members of the design and construction team.
Arup offers extensive opportunities for your personal and career development and:
- A competitive salary and settling in allowance
- Profit share scheme
- A comprehensive benefits package, including a flexible benefits fund and highly competitive pension
- An interesting and varied workload
- The opportunity to work on international projects
- Technically challenging projects that will stretch and challenge your skills
- Opportunities to work abroad
- A supportive and friendly team, based in an excellent working environment
- Mentorship and support towards professional accreditation and career development opportunities
What we are looking for
We're looking for graduates with curiosity, personal drive and technical knowhow. If you can combine these skills with an understanding of (or willingness to learn about) the Vertical Transport sector and a desire to deliver excellent services for clients, we'd like to hear from you.
We're looking for the following qualifications, attributes and skills:
- A demonstrable interest in architecture and the built environment
- Analytical and problem-solving ability
- Ability to speak a European language would be beneficial
- Strong Presentation skills
- Possess a strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office and an ability to learn new software
- Ability to draw by hand or in CAD would be beneficial
- Enthusiasm for a career in building design
- Organised approach to planning work and meeting deadlines
- Demonstrate a creative and inquisitive approach to problem solving
- The aptitude to work on your own initiative and be proactive
Please note that we are unable to offer Tier 2 visa sponsorship for this role. Therefore you must ensure that you are eligible to work in the UK without our sponsorship in order for your application to be considered.
Masters degree in architecture, mechanical, electrical or buildings services engineering, or relevant MSc, eg physics or maths with a prediction of 2:1 or above
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
- Competitive salary
How to apply
Does this role sound of interest to you? Please find further information below:
- Assessment centres will take place from December 2019, so we recommend that you apply as soon as possible so you don't miss out on this exciting opportunity.
- Our Graduate Welcome Week will take place in September 2020. Although we can be flexible on start dates we would hope that the successful candidate will join their peers for this event.
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 15 November 2019
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 15 November 2019