Our Arup Virtual team is an experimental studio, changing the way we experience the built environment through experience led design. The niche team consists of a creative mix of artists and technical expertise. The team’s remit is to be continually at the cutting-edge of computational design techniques through applied innovation of virtual technologies and simulation analysis. The team itself acts as an ‘Innovation Hub’, implementing experiments in its new simulation theatre and immersion laboratory. Interactive, augmented and virtual reality experiences are just some of the combination of tools we work with.
We create the highest quality work for projects of major significance, from the London Olympic Park to HS2. Our core values are creativity, innovation and excellence in the application of emerging technologies. Within our group, team members are given the time to find their own identity, and this individuality and innovation add value to our offering.
What you’ll be doing
In this creative and technical role, you will work closely with a number of different teams to deliver projects at different design stages, scales and visual impacts.
Key responsibilities may include:
- Working within the team contributing and collaborating across work streams
- Managing timescales and deliveries
- Speaking with clients and converse in a professional and technical way
- Developing your own knowledge and expertise in applying skills with emerging technologies with a passion for the next practices in your discipline
What we offer
There are infinite possibilities when you join Arup. You’ll receive all the opportunities that come with a challenging, fulfilling career, including:
- The opportunity to work on some of the world’s greatest projects with technical challenges that will stretch and challenge your skills
- Training and support towards professional accreditation and career development opportunities
- A competitive salary and welcome bonus
- Profit share scheme
- A comprehensive package, including a flexible benefits fund and a generous pension
- Opportunities to work on international projects
- An interesting and varied workload where you’ll make a tangible difference to the world
- A collaborative, intelligent and friendly team in an excellent working environment
- Various sports and social activities in all our locations
Arup is one of the world’s leading building design consultancies with a project portfolio that is second to none. We design and deliver ground-breaking icons through our work in infrastructure, building design and specialist technical services.
We operate in an environment where collaboration and innovation go hand-in-hand to deliver cutting-edge solutions to problems and world-class projects.
Arup began developing its own software more than 40 years ago in response to our evolving challenges. Today, our software house Oasys brings relevant, flexible tools to organisations worldwide.
Oasys software leads the field in structural, seismic, geotechnical and document management. Its programs are used across 200 countries, by leading designers of the built environment – including the UK’s top 25 building design consultants – and by numerous universities.
What we are looking for
We’re looking for graduates with curiosity, personal drive, design flair and technical know-how. If you can combine these skills with an understanding of (or willingness to learn about) the built environment and a desire to deliver excellent services for clients, we’d like to hear from you.
Accepted degree subjects
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 20/11/2018
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 20/11/2018
Additional job details
|Location||London · Manchester|