At Arup, we design ground-breaking icons through our work in design. We're a global firm of designers, planners, engineers, consultants and technical experts who use our skills to make a positive difference in the world.
Our Arup Virtual team in London is a pioneering experimental studio, changing the way we experience the built environment through immersive experience design. The niche team consists of a creative mix of artists and technical expertise. The team's remit is to be continually at the cutting- edge of computational design techniques through applied innovation of virtual technologies and simulation analysis. The team itself acts as an ‘Innovation Hub', implementing experiments in its new Simulation Theatre and Immersion Laboratory. Interactive, augmented and virtual reality experiences are just some of the combination of tools we work with.
We create the highest quality work for projects of major significance, from the London Olympic Park to HS2. Our core values are creativity, innovation and excellence in the application of emerging technologies. Within our group, team members are given the time to find their own identity, and this individuality and innovation adds value to our offering.
Are you interested in a role in creative technologies?
We're looking for Graduate Creative Technologist to join our London team. In this creative and technical role, you will work closely with a number of different teams to deliver projects at different design stages, scales and visual impacts. You will have the opportunity to learn a broad range of skills, gain an in-depth knowledge of the processes involved and gather invaluable work experience in a dynamic and vibrant environment.
As a team, we are a passionate about what we do and are driven to push the boundaries of what we can achieve. This will provide many opportunities for you to contribute to innovating what we do, both now and into the future.
In this role, you will need to:
- Work within the team environment and embrace workflow and contribute to the collaborative environment of the team and beyond
- Manage timescales and deliveries
- Speak with clients and converse in a professional and technical way
- Have the drive to develop your own knowledge and expertise in applying skills with emerging technologies with a passion for the next practices in your discipline
There are infinite possibilities when you join Arup. You'll receive all the opportunities that come with a challenging, fulfilling career, including:
- A competitive salary and welcome bonus
- Profit share scheme
- A comprehensive package, including a flexible benefits fund and a generous pension
- An interesting and varied workload where you'll make a tangible difference to the world
- A collaborative, intelligent and friendly team in an excellent working environment
- A challenging workload that will stretch your mind and make the most of your skills
- The support you need to develop your career through professional accreditation and training
What we are looking for
We're looking for graduates with curiosity, personal drive, design flair and technical knowhow. If you can combine these skills with an understanding of (or willingness to learn about) the built environment and a desire to deliver excellent services for clients, we'd like to hear from you.
Expertise in one or more of the following is essential:
- Expert knowledge and awareness of the world of CAD/CAE/CAM and its potential application within Arup
- Real time graphics engines [Unity3D / Unreal Engine]
- Big data management
- Networks in the Internet of Things
- Computer graphics, animation, games and visual effects production
- Data analytics
- C, C++, Java, Processing, C#,
- Motion capture
- Touch designer
Expertise in the following is desirable:
- Machine learning
- Computer Vision and Image Processing, Advanced animation techniques,
- 360 image and light field development
Recognised degree or diploma, or higher qualification, preferably in either architecture, computer animation, computational design, visual effects, information systems design or data science with a prediction of 2:1.
Accepted degree subjects
- art and design
- computer sciences and IT
Additional job details
- Competitive salary
How to apply
Our week-long Graduate Welcome Event will take place in September 2020. Whilst on occasion we may be flexible with our start dates, we would ask that the successful candidates join their peers for this event.
Please note we are able to offer tier-two sponsorship for this role.
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 15 November 2019
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 15 November 2019