Right now we’re looking for a Junior Management Consultant to join the Infrastructure commercial team. The role will be primarily co-located with the team in the London office, although the role may involve travel to other UK offices to assist with tenders, projects and other commercial initiatives. The role is designed to help the team meet current challenges including making commercial and work winning practices better integrated and more consistent, sharing best practice and improving skills across the UK Infrastructure Groups. You’ll report to the Commercial Director, and will work closely with the other members of the commercial and work winning team. The role has the potential to develop into a commercial management role.
This role will offer you the opportunity to be involved in the following tasks:
- Learning about Arup's business model, project cycle and range of services
- Learning about client procurement types and assessment methods
- Tracking current and future prospects on our Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system and liaising with project sponsors to ensure the data are current
- Collating metrics to assist with decision-making – e.g. win rates
- Liaising with legal staff and project directors to review contract documents
- Arranging internal staff training events on commercial skills
- Gathering data to support decisions on bid partners and bid/ no bid
- Assisting with bid start-up meetings
- Assisting with bid management and production, including compiling bid programmes and bid budgets
- Compiling pricing submissions including schedules of rates and lump sum fees
- Participating in bid review meetings and collating actions
What are we looking for?
The role offers considerable scope for learning and development, so does not require specific prior knowledge or experience.
We're looking for the following qualifications, attributes and skills:
- Five or more GCSEs, including English and science at grade C/4 or above, and maths at grade B/5 or above (or equivalent qualification)
- A minimum of two A-levels or BTEC Level 3 in a relevant subject
- Interest in working with numbers,
- Interest in using computers for design work, calculations and testing
- The ability to organise your own work and always be on time
- Good communication skills
- The ability to work as part of a team
- Enthusiasm for this learning and development opportunity
What will we offer in return?
There are infinite possibilities when you join Arup. You'll receive all the opportunities that come with a challenging, fulfilling career, including:
- A competitive salary
- Profit share scheme
- A comprehensive package, including a flexible benefits fund and a generous pension
- An interesting and varied workload where you'll make a tangible difference to the world
- A collaborative and friendly team in an excellent working environment
- A challenging workload that will make the most of your skills
- The support you need to develop your career through professional accreditation and training
Sounds interesting? Here’s some additional information
You must be available to commence employment no later than August 2019 to be considered for this role.
Please note that we are unable to offer visa sponsorship for this role. Therefore you must ensure that you are eligible to work in the UK without our sponsorship in order for your application to be considered.
Arup is a global firm of designers, planners, engineers, consultants and technical experts. We use our skills to make a positive difference in the world. This is a brilliant opportunity to build a creative career designing and delivering exciting work in infrastructure, building design and specialist technical services.
Our apprenticeships allow you to study for an academic qualification while working and learning alongside respected, technical professionals. As an apprentice, you'll study at a local college on day release or onsite and combine this experience with real responsibilities in the workplace. A dedicated mentor and our learning and development team will guide you through your personal and professional development.
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 30/04/2019
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 30/04/2019
Additional job details