Our apprenticeships allow you to study for an academic qualification while working and learning alongside respected, technical professionals. As an apprentice, you'll study at a local college on day release, and combine this experience with real responsibilities in the workplace. A dedicated mentor and our learning and development team will guide you through your personal and professional development.
Advisory Services in Arup plays a leading role in the development of business strategy, investment advice, transformation and operational excellence. Our work delivers sustainable business outcomes, and we achieve this by helping to re-design thinking for business. Our integrated team includes:
- Asset managers and engineers
- Business process professionals
- Change managers
- Cost consultants / quantity surveyors.
- Digital and design strategists
- Investment advisors
- Operational design experts
- Organisational and occupational psychologists
- Project and programme managers
About the role
We are looking for a Junior Operations Consultant to join Advisory Services. The role will be primarily based in the London office, although the role may involve travel to other UK offices to assist with projects. You will report to a Senior Consultant within the Operations Consulting team and will work closely with the other members of Advisory Services.
You will have an opportunity to be involved in:
- Developing transport and logistics optimisation solutions
- Reviewing and developing building logistics and operational strategies for masterplans and developments
- Evaluating the spatial and operational logistics requirements using in house tools, such as logistics vehicle calculations, waste volumes and material handling evaluations
- Process mapping and identification of process improvements
- Application of, business planning, and operational readiness and testing
- Asset management strategy, plans and policy development
- Developing and practicing essential skills such as report writing, presenting and assisting with the management of projects
What are we looking for?
We encourage our Apprentices' to demonstrate drive and motivation, a passion for our sector, and a desire to effectively deliver an excellent service to our clients. As such, we're looking for the following qualifications, attributes and skills:
- Five or more GCSEs (or equivalent qualifications) at grade C/4 or above including English and science and maths at B/5 or above
- Basic Microsoft Word and Excel skills
- An interest in operations, logistics, design and asset or vehicle fleet management
- Desire to learn about the built environment
- Enthusiasm, drive and motivation
- Proactive and confident approach with the ability to work closely with senior colleagues and clients
- Good communication and strong analytical problem-solving skills
- Strong team working and collaboration skills
- A professional approach and good organisational skills
What will we offer in return?
There are infinite possibilities when you join Arup. You'll receive all the opportunities that come with a challenging, fulfilling career, including:
- A competitive salary
- Profit share scheme
- A comprehensive package, including a flexible benefits fund and a generous pension
- An interesting and varied workload where you'll make a tangible difference to the world
- A collaborative and friendly team in an excellent working environment
- A challenging workload that will make the most of your skills
- The support you need to develop your career through professional accreditation and training
You must be available to commence employment no later than August 2020 to be considered for this role.
Additional job details
- Competitive salary
How to apply
Please note that we are unable to offer visa sponsorship for this role. Therefore, you must ensure that you are eligible to work in the UK without our sponsorship for your application to be considered.
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 2 February 2020
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 2 February 2020