Our apprenticeships allow you to study for an academic qualification while working and learning alongside respected, technical professionals. You'll study at the National College for High Speed Rail (NCHSR) on block release to work towards a level-four Higher Apprenticeship in High Speed Rail. We'll help you to combine your learning experience with real responsibilities in the workplace. A dedicated mentor and our learning and development team will guide you through your personal and professional development.
About the role
Right now we're looking for Rail Apprentice Technicians to join our teams in Solihull. From your first day you'll join a community of experts, where everyone is supported in their career path and encouraged to work towards an accredited qualification.
You'll help us to deliver effective and professional services for a range of varied and high-profile clients. While you'll have a great deal of responsibility from day one, we'll give you the chance to take on more as you progress and broaden your skills.
You'll support a variety of different work, including:
- Production of engineering drawings and sketches, including 3D or 2D computer drawings
- Preparation of simple engineering calculations
- Contributing to solutions for design challenges
- Taking part in design meetings, site visits, presentations and workshops
- Helping with the administration of projects
What are we looking for?
We're looking for dynamic and dedicated individuals to join us as apprentices. If you are keen to build a fulfilling career in the design engineering sector and deliver excellent services for clients, we'd like to hear from you.
We're looking for the following qualifications, attributes and skills:
- Five or more GCSEs (grade C/4 or above) including English and science
- Grade B/5 or above in maths at GCSE
- A minimum of two A-levels (ideally one being in maths or physics but not essential) or a relevant level-three qualification
- Confident working with numbers
- The ability to produce neat and accurate technical drawings
- Interest in using computers for design work, calculations and testing
- The ability to organise your own work and always be on time
- Good communication skills
- The ability to work as part of a team
- Lots of enthusiasm for this learning and development opportunity
What will we offer in return?
There are infinite possibilities when you join Arup. You'll receive all the opportunities that come with a challenging, fulfilling career, including:
- A competitive salary
- Profit share scheme
- A comprehensive package, including a flexible benefits fund and a generous pension
- An interesting and varied workload where you'll make a tangible difference to the world
- A collaborative and friendly team in an excellent working environment
- A challenging workload that will make the most of your skills
- The support you need to develop your career through professional accreditation and training
How to apply
You must be available to commence employment no later than August 2019 in order to be considered for this role.
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 28/02/2019
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 28/02/2019
Additional job details