Arup is an independent firm of designers, planners, engineers, consultants and technical specialists offering a broad range of professional services. Through our work, we make a positive difference to the world. Arup Digital combines innovative digital solutions and processes with our domain expertise across the built environment.
Advanced Digital Engineering
Arup's Advanced Digital Engineering group comprises over 300 advanced engineering, digital and project consultants, bringing together a seamless combination of digital and data-related capabilities with Arup's traditional engineering and design strengths. We use this to solve our clients most complex challenges and help them respond effectively to the fast-changing digital world. We combine advanced digital expertise in data, models, analytics, and user centred design, with world-class specialist engineering skills such as advanced dynamics, vibration and wind engineering, as well as digital advisory services, mobility consulting and digital product design and delivery.
We support Arup's longstanding commitment to work on the most interesting and innovative projects by using the right modelling, data, technology and automation capabilities to redefine the built environment with our clients. We provide digital advisory services that focus on working with clients on their digital strategy, design of new services, systems and assets, and helping deliver working solutions along with the development of new analysis tools and other cloud enabled digital services for clients.
Are you interested in a career in Infrastructure Design?
We're currently looking for Summer Placements to join our ICT Infrastructure teams for 6-8 weeks starting in June or July 2020
The opportunity to experience a fast-paced and diverse working environment. Arup searches for the highest calibre people and supports and encourages the enhancement of your skills as part of making this a valuable and enjoyable summer placement for you.
You will have the opportunities to work on the design and specification of ICT systems and services for the built environment. This will also include ICT space planning, ICT appraisal and overseeing the installation and bringing into service of ICT which will typically include:
- Physical Infrastructure (e.g. ICT rooms, routes and risers) and Cabling (e.g. copper and fibre)
- Local Area Networks (LANs)
- Wireless LANs
- Telephony Systems
- Television Distribution Systems (Terrestrial, Satellite and IP)
- Private Mobile Radio Systems
- Cellular Enhancement Systems e.g. DAS and Small Cells
- Audio Visual Systems
- Large Screen Displays
We work across a number of sectors including transport, government, sport, property and energy.
What we offer
There are infinite possibilities with Arup. You'll receive an insight of the opportunities that a challenging, fulfilling career provides, and:
- A competitive salary
- An interesting and varied workload where you'll make a tangible difference to the world
- A collaborative, intelligent and friendly team in an excellent working environment
- A challenging workload that will stretch your mind and make the most of your skills
- The support you need to develop your skills
What we are looking for
You should be an innovative problem solver, someone who thinks ‘outside the box' and who is able to communicate ideas and solutions. You should have a positive and forward-thinking approach and enjoy working as part of a friendly and supportive team. Workload will be diverse and the ability to multi-task and manage your workload is important.
An enquiring mind is key to our approach, as we work across numerous diverse contexts. You will be able to assimilate such new contexts rapidly, and to use various design techniques to help make sense of them, for colleagues, clients and collaborators.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong numerical skills
- CAD, BIM, Revit skills (desirable)
- Knowledge of RF propagation tools and techniques (desirable)
- Working towards a degree in electrical and electronic engineering, telecommunications, computer science/IT or systems engineering is essential. Strong results in relevant modules (2:1 or higher).
- Industry recognised qualifications such a CCNA/CWNA or equivalent is desirable, but not essential.
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
- Competitive salary
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 15 November 2019
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 15 November 2019