Our apprenticeships allow you to study for an academic qualification while working and learning alongside respected, technical professionals. As an apprentice, you'll study via a blend of online content and 1:1/small group tutorials, along with review meetings with your tutor and combined with real responsibilities in the workplace. A dedicated mentor and our learning and development team will guide you through your personal and professional development.
About the role
Right now we're looking for Business Administration apprentices to join our team. From your first day you'll join a community of experts, where everyone is supported in their career path and encouraged to work towards an accredited qualification. You'll help us to deliver effective and professional services for a range of varied and high-profile clients. While you'll have a great deal of responsibility from day one, we'll give you the chance to take on more as you progress and broaden your skills.
As a Business Administration apprentice in Arup you will work within a team providing business administration assistance to internal customers (engineers, planners and other design professionals) and external clients. Your duties will involve assisting the team secretaries with arranging travel, or meetings, booking conference rooms, assisting with production of documents, i.e. typing, printing and binding, and other administrative tasks. You will also have the opportunity to work front-of-house, alongside our Receptionist.
As part of your apprenticeship, you'll study towards a level-two qualification in Business Administration with one of our approved training providers.
What are we looking for?
We're looking for dynamic and dedicated individuals to join us as apprentices. If you are keen to build a fulfilling career in business administration and deliver excellent services for clients, we'd like to hear from you.
We're looking for the following qualifications, attributes and skills:
- GCSEs (grade B/5 or above) in English and maths
- Good numerical/maths skills
- Good literacy
- Good communication skills
- Interest in using computers and software packages such as Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel
- Ability to organise your own work and always be on time
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to produce neat and accurate work
- Willingness to achieve professional qualification e.g. NVQ
- Lots of enthusiasm for this learning and development opportunity
What will we offer in return?
There are infinite possibilities when you join Arup. You'll receive all the opportunities that come with a challenging, fulfilling career, including:
- A competitive salary
- Profit share scheme
- A comprehensive package, including a flexible benefits fund and a generous pension
- An interesting and varied workload where you'll make a tangible difference to the world
- A collaborative and friendly team in an excellent working environment
- A challenging workload that will make the most of your skills
- The support you need to develop your career through professional accreditation and training
How to apply
You must be available to commence employment in summer 2019 at the latest in order to be considered for this role, however we can be flexible for an earlier start date for the right candidate. All correspondence relating to the selection process will be issued via email.
Please ensure you check your emails regularly to receive up-to-date information on your application.
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 01/02/2019
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 01/02/2019
Additional job details