Right now we're looking for Finance Assistant apprentices to join our team. From your first day, you'll join a community of experts, where everyone is supported in their career path and encouraged to work towards an accredited qualification. You'll help us to deliver effective and professional services for a range of varied and high-profile clients. While you'll have a great deal of responsibility from day one, we'll give you the chance to take on more as you progress and broaden your skills.
As a Finance Assistant apprentice in Arup you’ll work within our London facilities team to provide assistance in day to day financial administration.
As part of your apprenticeship, you'll study towards a Level 2 qualification in Business Administration with one of our approved training providers.
This role will offer you the opportunity to be involved in a variety of tasks, such as:
- Processing of group finances – coding invoices, raising and updating purchase orders, updating finance trackers
- Attending monthly meetings with FM Managers to discuss finance and budgets
- Assisting with reporting for group as required
- Liaising with Accounts Payable for payment dates for suppliers and/or staff timesheet submission
- Assisting local finance team with general financial housekeeping
- Arranging meetings and travel as required
- Taking minutes at meetings as and when required
- Journal Entries/reversal
- Credit 360 data inputting
- Assisting with preparing first draft of Operating Plan and Outturn for review with Group leader
- Monitoring costs monthly against operating plan, advising managers and group leader where there is variance
- Assisting staff completing timesheets and expense claims, providing induction on the software and authorise timesheets
What are we looking for?
We're looking for dedicated individuals to join us as apprentices. If you’re keen to build a fulfilling career in business administration and deliver excellent services for clients, we'd like to hear from you.
We're looking for the following qualifications, attributes and skills:
- GCSEs (grade B/5 or above) in English and maths
- Good numerical/maths skills
- Good literacy
- Good communication skills
- Interest in using computers and software packages such as Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel
- Ability to organise your own work and always be on time
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to produce neat and accurate work
- Willingness to achieve professional qualification e.g. NVQ
- Lots of enthusiasm for this learning and development opportunity
What will we offer in return?
There are infinite possibilities when you join Arup. You'll receive all the opportunities that come with a challenging, fulfilling career, including:
- A competitive salary
- Profit share scheme
- A comprehensive package, including a flexible benefits fund and a generous pension
- An interesting and varied workload where you'll make a tangible difference to the world
- A collaborative and friendly team in an excellent working environment
- A challenging workload that will make the most of your skills
- The support you need to develop your career through professional accreditation and training
Sounds interesting? Here’s some additional information
You must be available to commence employment in summer 2019 at the latest in order to be considered for this role, however, we can be flexible for an earlier start date for the right candidate. All correspondence relating to the selection process will be issued via email. Please ensure you check your emails regularly to receive up-to-date information on your application.
Please note that we are unable to offer visa sponsorship for this role. Therefore, you must ensure that you are eligible to work in the UK without our sponsorship in order for your application to be considered.
Arup is a global firm of designers, planners, engineers, consultants and technical experts. We use our skills to make a positive difference in the world. This is a brilliant opportunity to build a career providing business administration support to our teams in infrastructure, building design and specialist consulting and technical services.
Our apprenticeships allow you to study for an academic qualification while working and learning alongside respected, technical professionals. As an apprentice, you'll study via a blend of online content and 1:1/small group tutorials, along with review meetings with your tutor and combined with real responsibilities in the workplace. A dedicated mentor and our learning and development team will guide you through your personal and professional development.
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 30/04/2019
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 30/04/2019
Additional job details