The Operations Consulting team is part of the Advisory Services Group in Arup. Operations Consulting works at the intersection between the built environment and the people who use and experience it. We advise and deliver solutions that transform the performance and capability of our clients' businesses and projects. To do this, we focus on people, processes, technology and assets, implementing solutions that encompass sustainability and innovation.
Our team is made up of diverse talents ranging from business process improvement, people and change, logisticians to Asset Managers and Human Factors experts. We collectively draw on these hosts of specialist skills to transform the organisations and operations of our clients in the UK and beyond. We operate in a range of markets including energy, water, highways, aviation, rail, science and industry, property and healthcare.
Are you interested in a career in Operations Consulting?
We are currently recruiting for an Operations Consulting Industrial Placement Student to join our team in London, Manchester, or Solihull. This is an excellent opportunity for a student that is enthusiastic and knowledgeable about the sector to join a multi-disciplinary team for a period of 11-12 months.
You will help us to deliver effective, professional services for a range of varied and high-profile clients. Depending on your projects and chosen areas of interest, you will advise clients across aspects of transformational business change, organisational design, operational excellence, asset management, stakeholder engagement and logistics. This could include using behavioural science and physical ergonomics for work including human factors integration and work environment assessments. As you progress in your role at Arup, we envisage you will develop your skills and progress in the levels of responsibility and challenging projects you are involved with.
Depending on performance, there may be an opportunity to receive a permanent offer of employment upon graduating. We also try to provide experience within Advisory to ensure that the successful candidate has a varied workload.
There are infinite possibilities with Arup. You'll receive an insight of the opportunities that a challenging, fulfilling career provides, and:
- A competitive salary
- An interesting and varied workload where you'll make a tangible difference to the world
- A collaborative, intelligent and friendly team in an excellent working environment
- A challenging workload that will stretch your mind and make the most of your skills
- The support you need to develop your skills
What we are looking for
We encourage our Industrial Placement students to demonstrate drive and motivation, a willingness to learn about our sector, and a desire to effectively deliver an excellent service to our clients. As such, we are looking for the following qualifications, skills and attributes in you:
- Adaptability, versatility and the motivation to apply your skills to a range of projects and service areas
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in writing and verbally
- Great reasoning and analytical skills
- Demonstrate initiative and a creative approach to problem solving
- The aptitude to work on your own initiative and be proactive
- Recognise the importance of client care and your role in contributing towards it
- Possess a strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly Excel
Studying a relevant degree, for example science, engineering, business, social science, psychology or ergonomics
Accepted degree subjects
- social sciences
- business and management studies
- mechanical engineering
- electronic and electrical engineering
Additional job details
- Competitive salary
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 15 November 2019
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 15 November 2019