At Arup, we design and deliver ground-breaking icons through our work in the built environment. Independent in ownership and spirit, we're a global firm of project managers, programme managers, designers, planners, engineers, consultants and technical experts who use our skills to make a positive difference in the world.
Our 500 programme and project managers are based in 24 countries across the global Arup network and come from a variety of backgrounds with a range of professional qualifications across engineering, design, project management, construction management and cost control. Our multi-disciplinary approach to programme management and project management ensures we consistently deliver a high-calibre, tailored service to each of our clients.
Arup Project & Programme Management teams provide professional services across a wide range of strategic and complex projects. These services include, but are not limited to the following:
- Programme management
- Project management
- PMO and project controls
- Project planning and logistics
- Risk management
- Change management
- Due diligence
- Procurement and Contract Administration
Our Programme and Project Management team are currently active in many sectors including Energy & Utilities, Education, Science, Healthcare, Industrial, Rail, Aviation and Infrastructure.
Are you interested in a career in Project Management?
We are currently looking to recruit summer placement students to join our Project Management team in our Solihull and London offices. This is an excellent opportunity for a student that is enthusiastic and keen to develop their knowledge in Project Management to join our multi-disciplinary team for 8-12 weeks next summer (2020).
You will provide support to team members to deliver an effective and professional service to our clients on strategically important projects, including:
- Support the project management team in delivering to our clients
- Assist with the day to day tasks involved in the management of projects
- Coordinate between members of various disciplines and departments
- Gain exposure to the various aspects of project management
Upon successful completion of this commission you will be considered for a permanent position upon graduation.
What we offer
There are infinite possibilities with Arup. You'll receive an insight of the opportunities that a challenging, fulfilling career provides, and:
- A competitive salary
- An interesting and varied workload where you'll make a tangible difference to the world
- A collaborative, intelligent and friendly team in an excellent working environment
- A challenging workload that will stretch your mind and make the most of your skills
- The support you need to develop your skills
What we are looking for
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Understanding of data management, visualisations and / or digital tools would be desirable, but not essential.
- Demonstrate a creative approach to problem solving and an aptitude to work on your own initiative and be proactive
- Strong A-levels (or equivalent) at Grade B or above
- Studying for minimum of a bachelor's degree in a relevant subject, such as engineering, architecture, business, construction management or project management, or equivalent
- On track to achieve a 2.1 or above, as proven through the modules that you have completed to date
- Graduating in summer 2021 or 2022
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
- Competitive salary
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 15 November 2019
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 15 November 2019