Arup is an independent firm of designers, planners, engineers, consultants and technical specialists offering a broad range of professional services. Through our work, we make a positive difference in the world.
Our Smart Buildings Engineers apply their specialist skills to buildings projects across the globe. Our current projects include design smart buildings and integration for a new HQ for a bank, providing design and consulting across a large London property portfolio, providing embedded software expertise to large technology firms, smart enabling design on our projects and a number of IoT product design commissions.
As one of the world's leading building design consultancies, we offer clients the innovation and technical know-how to continually deliver their projects on schedule and on budget, but without compromise. For over 65 years Arup have continued to pioneer distinctive creative structural designs. We maintain our reputation because we invest in attracting and developing the most inventive of structural engineers.
About the role
We are currently recruiting for an IoT Engineer/Smart Building Consultant Summer Students to join our well-established Buildings teams in London. This is an excellent opportunity for a student that is enthusiastic and knowledgeable about the Building Design sector, Internet of things and creating places that are more user centred to join a multi-disciplinary team for six - eight weeks this summer.
You will provide support to team members to deliver an effective professional service to our clients on strategically won projects. You will assist in preparing designs, documentation in coordination with the team, and gain a thorough understanding of the role of a Building design and IoT engineer by using relevant software and seeing first-hand how we operate.
Depending on performance, there may be an opportunity to receive a permanent offer of employment upon graduating.
You will work as part of project teams to deliver effective and professional services to our clients. Due to the multidisciplinary nature of our design teams, you will have the opportunity to work alongside architects, building services and geotechnical engineers, surveyors and project managers.
What we offer
- There are infinite possibilities with Arup. You'll receive an insight of the opportunities that a challenging, fulfilling career provides, and:
- A competitive salary
- An interesting and varied workload where you'll make a tangible difference to the world
- A collaborative, intelligent and friendly team in an excellent working environment
- A challenging workload that will stretch your mind and make the most of your skills
- The support you need to develop your skills
What we are looking for
- We're looking for students with curiosity, personal drive and technical knowhow.
- Demonstrate strong motivation and passion for a career in building design
- Strong A-levels (or equivalent) at Grade B or above
- Studying an MSc/MEng in electrical or electronic engineering, mechanical or buildings services engineering, alternatively computer science, software engineering, physics or applied mathematics at 2.1 or above
- On track to achieve a 2.1 or above, as proven through the modules that you have completed to date
- Ideally graduating in Summer 2021
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
- Competitive salary
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 13 December 2019
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 13 December 2019