Are you interested in a career in Software Development?
We're currently looking for Summer Placement students to join our team of software developers for 6-8 weeks starting in June or July 2020.
Engineering Software Developer – London or Solihull
We have an exciting opportunity to grow our team of software developers. You will join our London or Solihull offices working in a wider team of around 20 developers to develop the market leading Oasys Suite of pre- and post-processing software for the LS-DYNA finite element analysis code. This software is used in the automotive, nuclear and civil engineering community. Its primary use is testing vehicle crash worthiness for the automotive industry and object impact worthiness within our seismic, geotechnics and building specialisms.
Our software team members take responsibility both for the development of larger tasks, which they take ownership of to see tasks through from beginning to end, and maintenance of existing features. They contribute to other related responsibilities such as quality assurance and day-to-day technical support.
This is an exciting opportunity for you to work in a team which combines innovative digital solutions and processes with our domain expertise across the built environment. We provide digital advisory services that focus on working with clients on their digital strategy, design of new services, systems and assets, and helping deliver working solutions along with the development of new analysis tools and other cloud enabled digital services for clients.
You will be working with a team of developers, data scientists, user experience designers to create platforms, tools and data visualisations. You will often collaborate with a variety of other practitioners on projects like building engineers, transport consultants, geotechnical engineers, and urban planners. Digital is a growing part of our business, and we are looking for someone who is enthusiastic about shaping the future of design in the built environment.
There are infinite possibilities with Arup. You'll receive an insight of the opportunities that a challenging, fulfilling career provides, and:
- A competitive salary
- An interesting and varied workload where you'll make a tangible difference to the world
- A collaborative, intelligent and friendly team in an excellent working environment
- A challenging workload that will stretch your mind and make the most of your skills
· The support you need to develop your skills
What we are looking for
We're looking for students who demonstrate drive and motivation, a passion for our sector, and a desire to effectively deliver an excellent service to our clients. With a busy, diverse team, you will need to be flexible to respond to the needs of our clients.
As such, we are looking for the following qualifications, skills, and attributes in you:
- Working towards a degree that is RICS accredited and surveying-based
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in writing and verbally
- Great reasoning and analytical skills
- Demonstrate initiative and a creative approach to problem solving
- The aptitude to work on your own initiative
- Recognise the importance of client care and your role in contributing towards it
- Ambition to further your professional development and work towards achieving Chartership
We're looking for graduates with curiosity, personal drive and technical knowhow. If you can combine these skills with an understanding of (or willingness to learn about) the industry and a desire to deliver excellent services for clients, we'd like to hear from you.
We're looking for the following qualifications, attributes and skills:
- Working towards a Bachelors or Master's degree in computer science, engineering science, general engineering, mechanical engineering, mathematics, or physics
- Degree result of 2.1 or above
- Experience of FEA software is advantageous (engineering software developer only)
- Knowledge of C or Fortran is advantageous (engineering software developer only)
- Experience of web application development is desirable (software developer only)
- Knowledge of Python is desirable (software developer only)
· Relational and/or non-relational database experience is desirable (Software Developer only)
Accepted degree subjects
- computer sciences and IT
- electronic and electrical engineering
Additional job details
- Competitive salary
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 15 November 2019
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 15 November 2019